Votes: 41 87.2%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lifelong detestation of Man United, but I really don’t want Amanda Staveley and her filthy money Saudi cronies to win anything.
Rock and hard place, but I like Marcus Rashford.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mixed feelings about this one.

Normally I’d always support the ‘underdog’ against any of the Big 6 Cup Monopolists.

And the fact Newcastle haven’t been to a final since like 1735 or something does make for a good story. Plus they have BDB, and it’d be great to see him lift a trophy.

But… not a fan of the sportwashing money being thrown at clubs like this, so: would them winning seem like an endorsement of that?

Ultimately I guess I’ll go with the fact my late Dad was a Northumbrian lad and Newcastle fan, so this one can be for him.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
I like Ten Haaaaaag's honesty. I wouldn't begrudge BDB winning something with his home town club but these are two teams that I despise. I can't bring myself to wish either of them fortune.

I just hope that whatever happens today leads Newcastle into an emotional hangover and that they end the season 9th or 10th or lower.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As an aside, I know that sponsorship is a way of increasing sales and " Brand Awareness" but, after God knows how many years of it being the Carabao Cup...wtf are they selling ?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
As an aside, I know that sponsorship is a way of increasing sales and " Brand Awareness" but, after God knows how many years of it being the Carabao Cup...wtf are they selling ?
Energy drinks I believe

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thanks, that would explain why I've never heard of what they do.
They also don’t seem to be available anywhere I shop. The local Morrisons don’t sell them at all - despite doing about six similar brands - neither do Tesco. It’s very strange they spend so much money on sponsorship yet can’t actually get their product onto shelves (round here at least).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I believe they’re promoting Pixies’ back catalogue?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They also don’t seem to be available anywhere I shop. The local Morrisons don’t sell them at all - despite doing about six similar brands - neither do Tesco. It’s very strange they spend so much money on sponsorship yet can’t actually get their product onto shelves (round here at least).
Apparently my nearest stockists are 15 miles away by road. And even then it's in a shop I've never heard of.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Won't see it as it collides with Union Berlin vs Bayern... but I hope no one wins. Or actually I don't care, its the league cup. No one remembers who wins it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports