****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I should add that if we don;t sell him in the next few hours we either have to let him go for free or offer a new contract (doubtful). Therefore a bit of dosh now or never!
Unless it's silly money, it is not worth leaving us with only 3 strikers for the sake of 200k or so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does it matter why another club is releasing him It is up to us to make a decison based on what we want.

Not at all. They might know about a dodgy knee/Achilles/ankle whatever, and know he's a sick note waiting to happen, or he might have got fed up with the game and have an appalling attitude. Off the field problems; drink; gambling - could be anything.

NB I am not for one second suggesting that any of these apply to Nicky Maynard; just that I'd want to know why he was being released before jumping in. After all, saving wages is fine - but if the player's on a contract, he can just sit tight and take the money; it isn't necessarily within the club's right just to terminate a contract - as we know only too well with Agustien!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not at all. They might know about a dodgy knee/Achilles/ankle whatever, and know he's a sick note waiting to happen, or he might have got fed up with the game and have an appalling attitude. Off the field problems; drink; gambling - could be anything.

NB I am not for one second suggesting that any of these apply to Nicky Maynard; just that I'd want to know why he was being released before jumping in. After all, saving wages is fine - but if the player's on a contract, he can just sit tight and take the money; it isn't necessarily within the club's right just to terminate a contract - as we know only too well with Agustien![/QUOTE

Ant injury problems should show on a medical, attitude problems are for a signing club to decide on as they may not follow to another club. In Maynards case the 3rd rate manager they have brought in presumably on the cheap probably neither rates nor appreciates his skill. Slade will be back managing in League 1 or probably 2 where he belongs before end of next season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a total damp SQUID this is, SKY spending all afternoon talking about Robert Huth's LONE move to Leicester. The HYPE machine has come crashing down to earth as there is nothing to report
How these clowns sit in those chairs for 6/7 hrs is pathetic...The whole transfer deadline day is a complete utter embarrassment

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a total damp SQUID this is, SKY spending all afternoon talking about Robert Huth's LONE move to Leicester. The HYPE machine has come crashing down to earth as there is nothing to report
How these clowns sit in those chairs for 6/7 hrs is pathetic...The whole transfer deadline day is a complete utter embarrassment.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently when he retires he's going to be a coach.

:clap:

As someone said on Twitter earlier: "Dunk catches Bus late & heads off down the tunnel".

Personally, I envisage more of a Test Match Special atmosphere, I'm already hearing Henry Blofeld in my head:

"...eventually, the ball goes wide, it's a goal kick for Sheffield Wednesday, and oh I say, here comes the number 8, Bus".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Andy Naylor 20 mins ago:

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Not standing down just yet. A signing still possible, with just under four hours to go. #bhafc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports