****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
'Brighton chairman Tony Bloom says they are ready for the transfer window following the appointment of Chris Hughton as manager.

Hughton took charge of the Seagulls on Wednesday and is in need of bolstering his squad, with the loan deals of four players having expired.

"We need to get going quite quickly," Bloom told BBC Sussex.

"I have only spoken briefly with Chris, but in terms of the recruitment we are ahead of the game."'

I dread to think what would've happened if we weren't 'ahead of the game'..

Ah well, still the loan window to go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
'Brighton chairman Tony Bloom says they are ready for the transfer window following the appointment of Chris Hughton as manager.

Hughton took charge of the Seagulls on Wednesday and is in need of bolstering his squad, with the loan deals of four players having expired.

"We need to get going quite quickly," Bloom told BBC Sussex.

"I have only spoken briefly with Chris, but in terms of the recruitment we are ahead of the game."'

I dread to think what would've happened if we weren't 'ahead of the game'..

Ah well, still the loan window to go.

We're ahead of the summer transfer window....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Carlton Cole to WBA appears to be SSN's major story, the deal has dramatically fallen through and they are trying to DIG deeper with their sources to find out exactly WHY.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed, now for the loan window, and the endless threads about Murray on a 93 day loan.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Carlton Cole to WBA appears to be SSN's major story, the deal has dramatically fallen through and they are trying to DIG deeper with their sources to find out exactly WHY.

Zzzzzzzzzz.
Give it a rest eh? If there's no big stories then it's hardly Sky's fault. How else are they suppose to fill time?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, Derby with Ince, Bent and Lingard now look Prem bound.

Ridiculously quiet window. Interesting that a number of slackers have had their contracts terminated - take a bow Assou-Ekotto and Roger Johnson. Blackpool anyone?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg

I know that feeling, Jim.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Give it a rest eh? If there's no big stories then it's hardly Sky's fault. How else are they suppose to fill time?

I'm not blaming sky? ???

Just tiresome listening to them rinse repeat the same stories about Zaha, Fletcher ect & attempting to tell us there's big drama, saying that like I said I guess it's not their fault nothing is happening,

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yep, Derby with Ince, Bent and Lingard now look Prem bound.

Ridiculously quiet window. Interesting that a number of slackers have had their contracts terminated - take a bow Assou-Ekotto and Roger Johnson. Blackpool anyone?

I can't deny Derby's right to prem football, they've been mustard this past two seasons. IMO they've got the best manager in the Championship and have bought well. They are a relatively big club. Now, Bournemouth .....well what can I say?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
FFS. Very disappointed, we needed another winger at least. Are we really gonna rely on Calderon at right mid for the rest of the season? Either that or yet another loan deal. [emoji53]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
10 years ago who would have believed that in 2015 Bournemouth would be bidding £5million for a player while Rangers window business would be taking 5 kids from Newcastle on loan?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Is it just me but maybe Tony was correct when he said we were ahead of the game. we have re-signed Halford, got In Best and the fella from Celtic. Also new contract for KLL and With the players potentially comming back from injury and maybe an opertunity in the loan window, maybe CH thinks he has enough to keep us up, and it was done long before the last day. Apart from Colunga going out loan (bit odd) we have not lost anyone (COG, Dunk) Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports