Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official IPSWICH TOWN Match Thread

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bluejuice said:
Could have been worse. I mean come on, we've just gone to the home of the top team in the division and we've hardly been embarrassed

Well said. Should have had a stone wall penalty as well according to SCR.

bnc

Nov 12, 2003
Surrey
I agree that we came back in the second half and haven't been slaughtered as I expected we may have been against the top team.:wave:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So we lost by the odd goal, to the team at the top of the league. My glass is half full. How is yours?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Someone recently said that the rule of thumb is to beat all the teams in your half of the league, that way you either survuve if in the bottom half of win the league if you're in the top half. Sounds fair to me.

Losing 1-0 to the top team is no disgrace, so long as we get 3 points in the bag from Rotherham I'll be happy, especially as I've actually got a ticket for a change!

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I thought it was a pretty good performance, still thought we gave ball away too easy, chippy didn't have a great game again. Unlucky on there goal but he took it well, pens were stonewall, can't believe not given, especially the first. Ref and linesman on our side awful in second half. Kuipers made some good saves second half but there attacks came on the break. Oatway header at the end very close.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
just got bak in from the game, mustsay the ref was appoauling, those were def penalties any day, that linesman was shite, he didnt give anything our way, i was appauled at how biased they were, we deserved at least a point if not more. bring on rotherham

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The good ship Albion still on course for an exciting successful season.:thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Argus says TV replay shows Cullip was fouled and a penalty should have been given - no wonder he was so annoyed at getting booked. The second appeal - handball - was also a definite penalty, linesman didn't have bottle to give it.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
dave the gaffer said:
mcghee out!!!

I was there and it made you proud. We should have had about three penalties. One where it was controlled in the box by an arm another one or two where Knight was pulled back. These apart from the Cullip one. FDM also made some great saves. MM should be happy and proud tonight. We were so unlucky and we made them sweat for the last 15 mins.
Why do we play better away? Because plonkers like you go to Withdean and run them down. If we get behind them at home like we do away then we might see some better results.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
can't believe that albanian wanker kuqi hit the winner,he was hopeless at sheff weds,still all in all a good away day,we played brill 2nd half,shame about the ref/lino,why all the slagging harding was getting?? mcghee must have told him to push on(wing back),i thought he did a good job

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I rarely rant (joke) but believe me we were robbed by an inert referee yesterday.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Very good second half, one of the best of the season but we never looked like scoring today despite all our possession. Yes, we should have had a couple of pens but it was one of those occasions when abusing the linesman back fired and after the first " wanker, wamker, wanker " chant he was never going to give us anything. And we also rode out luck at times. Ipswich could have scored 2 or 3 so no real complaints. I thought our support in the second half was good but not as loud as two years ago.

Dandyman

In London village.
mrhairy said:
I was there and it made you proud. We should have had about three penalties. One where it was controlled in the box by an arm another one or two where Knight was pulled back. These apart from the Cullip one. FDM also made some great saves. MM should be happy and proud tonight. We were so unlucky and we made them sweat for the last 15 mins.
Why do we play better away? Because plonkers like you go to Withdean and run them down. If we get behind them at home like we do away then we might see some better results.

The referee was awful but why did we not play Knight from the start and why was he made to wait for 8 minutes in the cold before being brought on (something that I would have thought was an elementary no - no in the sports science manual) ?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
i was appauled at the referee couldnt believe it, and if the epalys show that weshould have had two definite penalties then someone has got to look at that referees performances, maybe a job in the conference would be better. and that linesman he could bareklly even give a thrrow in without the refs help, i was appauled.

that asside i was pleased with our performance it was a good day out, and i felkt that our fans were brilliant singing throught the game. cant wait till the next away game at millwall. got a tenner bet on it with a mate. COME ON ALBION!

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone know which Brighton fan called the Ipswich Town radio phone-in after the match? While the Ipswich fans were phoning in with thoughts of Premiership football, our man was great. He burst their bubble a bit and mentioned that Ipswich had only scored one goal - and that came from a deflected shot - and had it not been for some awful refereeing decisions, the score line would have been different.
Fair play to the presenter, he didn't disagree with the Brighton perspective and wished us well in our quest for Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here