The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My season has gone completely tits up. Signed George Friend from Donny for £1 million and Gerald Asamoah on a free, but he can't be registered yet.
Side is now looking like this:
Ankergren
Friend
Greer
Dunk
Cranie
Vicente
Bridcutt
Dobbie
Noone
Helguson
CMS

Buckley has just been ruled out for ELEVEN months and Dunk is out for a month. Hoskins, Helguson, Sparrow, Vicente, CMS and Ankergren have all had injuries that have kept them out for a month or so as well.
Had a decent start but have now lost 4 on the trot, so we've dropped to 14th after 11 games, with 13 points. Would probably take mid-table and wait for a promotion push next season to be honest. Palace are in 20th though, so that's some consolation.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My season has gone completely tits up. Signed George Friend from Donny for £1 million and Gerald Asamoah on a free, but he can't be registered yet.
Side is now looking like this:
Ankergren
Friend
Greer
Dunk
Cranie
Vicente
Bridcutt
Dobbie
Noone
Helguson
CMS

Buckley has just been ruled out for ELEVEN months and Dunk is out for a month. Hoskins, Helguson, Sparrow, Vicente, CMS and Ankergren have all had injuries that have kept them out for a month or so as well.
Had a decent start but have now lost 4 on the trot, so we've dropped to 14th after 11 games, with 13 points. Would probably take mid-table and wait for a promotion push next season to be honest. Palace are in 20th though, so that's some consolation.

The worst thing i found about Brighton on this game is when they lose more than 2 games on the spin its so hard to get back winning, i think i lost 6 on the bounce at one point, get Amos in on loan mate.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The worst thing i found about Brighton on this game is when they lose more than 2 games on the spin its so hard to get back winning, i think i lost 6 on the bounce at one point, get Amos in on loan mate.

Keep having these team meetings and everyone is "fired-up" afterwards, and my team talks always leave 90% of the team "looking motivated" but we just cannot seem to get a win, or even a bloody draw.
Cheers, will look into getting Amos in on loan- Ankergren is the weak link at the back no question.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't have anything left in my wage budget, think I'll have to wait until January and move some players along.
Raphael Branco keeps moaning about being homesick- have given him 2 leaves of absence and he is still going on. I'm thinking contract termination could be the way forward.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Second season overall and first attempt at the Premiership has started very well. Didn't lose for the first 6 games. Highlights being a hard earned 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, a 3-1 away beating of Everton and then finally being 2-0 down at home to Fulham (Zamora and Johnson with the goals), going down to ten men due to injury and having made all subs, to then turn it round and win 3-2. CMS is on fire again, Hoskins and Barnes doing very well too.

Managed to sign Royston Drenthe on a free transfer which was a surprise as I was about £10k under his initital wage demands and Lazio put in an offer too. The club were pleased though as they are expecting to sell truck loads of shirts on the back of him signing.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Don't have anything left in my wage budget, think I'll have to wait until January and move some players along.
Raphael Branco keeps moaning about being homesick- have given him 2 leaves of absence and he is still going on. I'm thinking contract termination could be the way forward.

I never have to pay Gibbs wages or Amos i believe

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)

Only way to do it, Oxford Utd said they would be interested if I reduced the asking price.... £0 plus a 25% share of any sell on does not seem likely to break the bank.

It would seem nobody is willing to pay for anyone I want to clear out (except Ankergren, Poke and Brez).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Only way to do it, Oxford Utd said they would be interested if I reduced the asking price.... £0 plus a 25% share of any sell on does not seem likely to break the bank.

It would seem nobody is willing to pay for anyone I want to clear out (except Ankergren, Poke and Brez).

Got his contract mutually terminated for £5k which was much cheaper than I was expecting.
Been trying to sell Dicker for months but have only been getting offers of £20k, though he is still worth £200k. Also looking as if Navs is going to have to leave for a paltry sum or nothing.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
First season, 12th...

Second season, 3rd and playoff winner...

Jan 1st in 3rd season...

hALOC.jpg

Squad:
HN8a3.jpg

Don't know how I'm managing it - I'm just playing 4-4-2 with an attacking mindset. Quite a few high scoring games. Hopefully I'll maintain it and get in the champions league!

The squad is a decent premier league one but I wouldn't say one that would be challenging for the title. That said, Leigh Griffiths is unbelievable. Signed him at this point last season and he scored something like 21 in 23 in the championship and now 18 in 19 in the Prem. He put four past West Brom in an 8-1 demolition at the Hawthorns. Finishing and acceleration 17, pace 16 and composure 15.

Gus has been hired by Norwich to try and save them - so far he hasn't had much impact. I'm not sure which is the bigger shock - me being joint top or Liverpool fighting relegation

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Little update - now sitting 5 points clear at the top of League Two with Plymouth, Jamil Adam and Paulo Counago firing on all cylinders and joint top scorers in the league, see how the rest of the season goes but League One isn't fhat far away anymore

So I'm now into January 2014 (3rd season), and things are going somewhat better. It took me 18 league games (exactly half a season) to better my points total from last season (34), and I'm currently in second with 40 points from 19 games. Tony has loosened the purse strings for the January window, and I've boosted my budget by selling Danny Graham (somehow convinced Burnley to pay £5m for him), Kazenga Lua Lua (Wigan, £5m), my reserve centre back Frederic Vaseli (£2m) and a Scottish regen I picked up on a free in the summer called Colin Morgan (Man City, £5m + sell on). I signed Oscar Cardozo from Benfica (£400k as his contract was running out in the summer) and am also picking up a young US regen who's scored 13 in 19 for the national team on a free. Also negotiating a deal with Chelsea for Josh McEachran, with Burnley for Joe Mattock and Palace for John Williams. Looking to blood a few youngster (a couple of excellent young defenders have emerged from the youth system) so not sure whether I'll maintain my current run; amended board expectations from avoid relegation to mid-table at the start of Jan so that's the only target.

Current team is

GK) Scott Loach
RB) Inigo Calderon (c)
CB) Jack Hobbs
CB) Lewis Dunk
LB) Lee Hodson
DM) Anthony Annan
CM) Darron Gibson
CM) Michael O'Connor
RM) Will Buckley
LM) Robert Snodgrass
CF) Connor Wickham

Bench; Jed Steer (GK), Ryan Bennett (CB), Lorenzo Cristeig (DM), Elliot Bennet (CM/RM/LM), George Boyd (LM), Oscar Cardozo (CF).

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Played 2 seasons with Celtic now, won the SPL first season but second season I came runners up, also won the league cup this season. Win percentage is 69%. Signed Ashley Barnes in the second season and he got 21 goals. May resign as manager and see if I can get a decent job elsewhere.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Finished 4th in the Prem in the 3rd season (see above). My form really started to stutter towards the end of the season, but while I had a kind run-in with all of the last 8 games against bottom half teams, Chelsea (who finished 5th, 4 points behind) has to play Arsenal, United, Spurs, Man City and Blackburn (who were 6th) in their run in!

Next season will be interesting though. Despite qualifying for the CL the quality of player who is a reasonable transfer target isn't much different to what I have - that's in the player search anyway. I might have to scour the globe manually looking for the next big thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports