Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
has anyone carried on their game from the demo version on here, just waiting for it to load and wondered whether i should start again with new albion game seeing as the players people have brought in on transfers are different to mine on the demo and most of other peoples on the demo thread from few months ago ?

Spoon

May 31, 2009
After a season and a bit I'm bottom of the Premier League after 3 games. Came 2nd in Championship after winning the last 5 games in a row, got to FA Cup semi beating Arsenal reserves at home in the quarters but then lost to Man Utd reserves after extra time at Wembley.
Team:
Joe Lewis
Jordan Spence, Gordon Greer, Matthew Upson, John Arne Riise
Craig Noone, Lomana Lualua, David Albelda, Geremi, Vicente
David Trezeguet

Also have Jay Rodriguez from Burnley, Kazenga Lualua, Paddy Mccourt

Plus was GBR Olympics manager

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just been crowned Champions with 4 games to go, sound familiar?

Attachments

• league table.jpg
    league table.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 154
  • Squad.jpg
    Squad.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 264

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Have also been given the Olympics Job, got £13m to spend for Prem season, struggling to juggle contracts and fees, that and Vicente is being a contract rebel too

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well Im into the second season now after what was for me a summer of sadness. After winning the Championship, as the season came round it was clear that my squad wasnt good enough to survive. As I had to build a team that would survive int he Championship AND have enough youth pğotentiasl to bring us back up should we go down I decided that I need two players challenging for each position plus a third under -21 for the future. What I got left with was the following squad:

GK - Heaton, Lewis, Karius (all retained )
DR - Naughton (1.6m from Spuras) Ribeiro (725k from Brizzle), Romario (1.3m from Vitoria)
DL - Spence, Fanchone, Painter,
DC - Jodlowiec, Sebastian, Dunk, Moller, Dawson (2m from Baggies), Magri (1.8m from Pompey)
DMC - Marcq (2.1m from Caen), Crissetig (free), Emre Can
MC Valeri (1.7m from Lanus), Cairney (1.2m from Hull), Raskaj
AMR Belhanda (3.5m from Montepellier), Buckley, Adam Townsend (regen from Telford 12k)
AML Tulasne, Noone, Vicente, Bonnin (regen free from Clairefontaine)
SC Mouche, Velikonja, CMS, Barnes, Vaughan (3m from Norwich)

end of Sept we're 13th with 7 pts from 6 games but only Man City have dominated us.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Managing Birmingham, just about to kick off the 2014/2015 season having finished 8th in the Premiership last season, missing out on 7th place and Europe on GOAL DIFFERENCE. :angry:

2011/12 saw me promoted from the Championship in 2nd place behind Portsmouth, then 2012/13 saw us scrape survival in 16th in the Prem, before the 8th place last season. The board are pretty generous, budget wise, and my current squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Jack Butland

Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Kyle Walker, Curtis Davies, Dodo, Martin Montoya, Jordan Spence, Kieran Gibbs, Jonathan Spector, Matthew Connolly

Midfielders: Maxime Gonalons, Henri Lansbury, Andy King, Alejandro Bedoya, Diego Buonanotte, Jean Beausejour, Gregory Nelson, Nathan Redmond, Juan Manuel Vargas, Ivan Tomecak

Strikers: Adam Szalai, Adam Rooney, Ulises Davila

Target this year is European qualification via the league, so here's hoping. :thumbsup:

On the downside, the Albion in this 'world' have not been so succesful. 2011/12 saw them finish 23rd in the Championship (although Palace did finish 24th), then im 2012/13 they were only 14th in League One, however 2013/14 was kinder to them, seeing them pip the Croydon lot to the League One Title on Goals SCORED (Both teams finished on 85 points with a GD of +32, but the Albion outscored Palace 80-75 to take the Title). They sacked Gus Poyet after the 14th place finish and were lead to promotion by the returning Micky Adams.

This Summer I've actually sold one of my players to Palace for £3 million. He's a Brazilian midfielder, and picked Palace over other potential moves because, and I quote, he was "looking forward to a more cosmopolitan lifestyle in keeping with his image". :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As an addendum to the above, my coaching staff now contains, in his apparently preferred role as a Youth Coach, a Mr G Poyet

Third season in the prem and things have picked up after buying a new goalkeeper! Currently sitting in 8th in the table, and just beat Liverpool 2-1 on aggregate to get a place in the league cup final! Current team is
GK: Esteban/Mannone
DL: Goddard(Amazing regen I got from crewe)/Easton
CB: Dunk/Cathcart/Bennett
DR: Richards/Piszczek/Diekmeier
DMC: Bridcutt/Pliatsikas
MC: Felipe anderson/Lansbury/Jem Karacan
AML/R: Buckley/Bennett/Templeton/Kadrii
SC: Welbeck/Vinko/2 pretty good regens!

Attached are some of my up and coming youth!
I got Makcenzie for 85k and Martini for 26k to....
Mckenzie.pngGibbens.pngGoddard.pngMartini.pngBalde.png

Last edited:

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've only got the demo yet so i've done one with Brighton, Lille, Crewe and currrently doing one with Newcastle. I'm top with Lille, 6th with Crewe and 8th with Newcastle. On my Brighton one i'm 24 games in and scored 48 i have 49 points and i'm second and 6 points behind Westham. My team is:

GK - Casper Ankergren
RB - Inigo Calderon
CB - Gordon Greer
CB - Adam El-Abd/Lewis Dunk
LB - Lee Naylor
CM - Jake Livermore (Loan) / Lewis McGugan / Ryan Harley / Liam Bridcutt
CM - Jake Livermore (Loan) / Lewis McGugan / Ryan Harley / Liam Bridcutt
AMR - Vicente / Craig Noone / Will Buckley / Kazenga LuaLua
AML - Vicente / Craig Noone / Will Buckley / Kazenga LuaLua
STC - CMS
STC - Will Hoskins / Ashley Barnes

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Coming up to the end of my first season. Changed the wage budget at the start to accommodate some big free transfers but still left a million or so.
My team is
GK. Yves Ma Kalambay (Free and becomes a top player.
RB. Calde (Solid and is being challenged by Sampayo!)
CB. Andrew Davies (Bought for 1mil from Stoke, good partnership with Greer.)
CB. Greer
LB. Stephen Jordan (Another free and has been ace and put Painter out of the side)

RM. Tulasne (Unbelievable player - scores goals and genuine all round top notch)
CM. Amdy Faye (Free - quite pls but solid player)
CM. Andersson (Got him in January on a free transfer and is an unbelievable player!)
LM. Vicente

ST. CMS (Has only scored 15 in 34 but has created 17)
ST. Mouche (400k and money really well spent. Unfortunately got injured for 4 months.)/Soukouna (Free and young, really good player, tipped for big things.

Some other good players:
Gerald Asamoah
Frimpong
KLL
Jennings (Motherwell)

Top of the league with eight games to go but only 2 points clear.

Also replaced Tano with Ricardo Oliviera (I have to add - by accident!)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Have yet to take my copy out the plastic wrapping yet , haven't had time to even sit down and INSTALL it yet :(

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
After a season and a bit I'm bottom of the Premier League after 3 games. Came 2nd in Championship after winning the last 5 games in a row, got to FA Cup semi beating Arsenal reserves at home in the quarters but then lost to Man Utd reserves after extra time at Wembley.
Team:
Joe Lewis
Jordan Spence, Gordon Greer, Matthew Upson, John Arne Riise
Craig Noone, Lomana Lualua, David Albelda, Geremi, Vicente
David Trezeguet

Also have Jay Rodriguez from Burnley, Kazenga Lualua, Paddy Mccourt

Plus was GBR Olympics manager

Hey i won the championship by about 9 points and didn't get that job. Didn't get as far as you in the cup though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here