Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official 'excuse for poor atmosphere today', thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, it will be fantastic. People will remember this game in years to come. "The crowd was so loud you couldn't even hear the trains rumbling past"...............

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
After the frankly embarrassing 'support' v Chelsea what will today's excuse be?

No trains.
Late kick-off.
Too soon after Christmas.
Players didn't clap me.
My head hurts.
Sing when we're winning.
Shhhhh I'm reading.
We only have one song.

That's right people the boy Stat is taking no prisoners.

I knew I shouldn't have purchased the Half and Half scarf from that bellend at Brighton station. :shrug::xmas:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The missus is out, so I'll be able to have the volume on and will not have 'shush, you'll wake the baby next door' whenever we attack; I also have received some bottles of Albion Ale for Christmas - so the atmosphere in my front room will be pretty good I reckon!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Exactly. Us English have always been more reactive to what goes on on the pitch in terms of atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that imo - I prefer it to the droning atmospheres you get abroad overall. I get that atmospheres here aren't what they used to be though overall, but i do think we over-hype the atmosphere in other European countries . Been to a few games abroad and other than a few hundred/a thousand or so ultras singing constantly, most of the rest of the ground was completely passive - barely getting up when goals went in let alone shouting/letting the ref know he's a w*nker, etc. Dortmund for example ... Great atmosphere from the ultras, but i was chatting to a mate and completely didn't realise the second half had kicked off for a while.
This

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, it will be fantastic. People will remember this game in years to come. "The crowd was so loud you couldn't even hear the trains rumbling past"...............

Top joke.

For no apparent reason, also, I suddenly had a recollection of Aldershot away in the 70s :lolol:

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
If we don't let Arsenal pile on loads of pressure and actually give it a go, the atmosphere will be good but it will be quiet/tense if we just sit back with everyone behind the ball. Our fans at home are definatly reactive rather than proactive.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For no apparent reason, also, I suddenly had a recollection of Aldershot away in the 70s :lolol:

Was that the one where we were all chanting, "We took the East Bank, Aldershot"?
The use of the word "took" in that particular chant was used very loosely as I recall we just sauntered in and found ourselves in that particular stand by pure chance with no evidence of any home fans having originally been there to actually usurp. On reflection I think the chant was tinged with a certain irony.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was that the one where we were all chanting, "We took the East Bank, Aldershot"?
The use of the word "took" in that particular chant was used very loosely as I recall we just sauntered in and found ourselves in that particular stand by pure chance with no evidence of any home fans having originally been there to actually usurp. On reflection I think the chant was tinged with a certain irony.

Could be. I went there twice in the 70s. I recall a mini pitch invasion, with one of my old school mates (BK, if he's readling) with his finest proto mullet, Levi Tonics, scarf tied to wrist, doing some sort of nascent Chas'n Dave cockney wanker dance on the pitch, then running away from a steward. I was watching, bemused, from the 'safety' of the terraces.

But it was the train, for me. Not sure if the 'grandstand' (see below) was built in th 70s, and the ground was pretty much the shittesty dump I can recall (apart from the charred remains of Bloomfield road. Plainmoor was a bit shit too, come to think of it.) . :lolol:

Aldershit.PNG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only 20k bums on seats will seriously effect the atmosphere today...nice one PB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure this one is his fault to be fair....schedule dictated by Sky, lack of trains dictated by Southern. Laid on buses and additional P&Rs, not sure what else the sweatered one could have done in this case. Does stink though.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It’ll be a poor atmosphere , until they announce that there is an attendance of 30,000, but in reality be about 20,000 bums on seats. Half of them will leave on 80 minutes to the chant of “Loyal supporters”, when we are 3-0 down and the transport situation will be a shambles. The End .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’ll be a poor atmosphere , until they announce that there is an attendance of 30,000, but in reality be about 20,000 bums on seats. Half of them will leave on 80 minutes to the chant of “Loyal supporters”, when we are 3-0 down and the transport situation will be a shambles. The End .

.... a Boxing Day nightmare, and quite feasible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here