Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official England are actually playing a qualifying game live on TV thread.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Wonderful strikes by JW, best run for 19 years. Need JT back, Cahill lost with him. RH realises we are gonna concede do may as well play 5 up from & outscore

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even at half time it was clear we were dominating the game but I'm sure many on here were reveling in it. Defensively we are poor - a shambles at times and we really don't have the personnel anywhere in the back 4 with the exception of Cahill. Attackingly we are looking great. Pace and a care free approach have meant we're scoring a lot more than we were. But we deserve a lot more credit than people are giving us for yet another faultless qualifying campaign. We are amongst the best in Europe for qualifying - we just rarely take that form into major tournos - maybe it's the intense pressure I don't know... Either way that's a cracking turn around in a tough tie away in Slovenia. There will always be knockers but we do compete well in international football and always have. Only one team can win the World Cup or Euros after all....

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Rooney is class. 48 goals and still years left to set a record nobody will get close too. Don't see why he gets so much stick??

More goals in qualifying matches than anyone else too. I may not like him as much as the Charltons and Linekers of this world but he has produced the goods.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Maximum points in qualifying
Unbeaten since the World Cup
After years of moans about playing the same old players playing, lots of youngsters coming through

You can't force people to like watching England, each to their own I guess, but I don't quite get why people seem to like wearing their disdain of England like a badge of honour, like they're proud of not giving a shit. Oh well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
like they're proud of not giving a shit. Oh well.

I guess so many times, when it's mattered, that's exactly the impression the players have given.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
England have survived the group of death.

The Germans, Italians, Spanish ect will be quaking in their boots facing Henderson, Townsend and Jones next summer.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Considering what some of the other big nations are doing in qualification, I am very happy to be sitting top of the group with max points.

So would I be if I hadn't seen this loads of times before and how it ends up at the finals.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hodgson is a very good technical coach, he plays the youngsters and he's not afraid to take risks (Henderson at right back today for a while). I'm not expecting anything from the finals next year, nor from the rip off, family friendly kickabouts we play to keep the UEFA calendar happy, but we could not do any better for a manager and our away fans are still brilliantly loud and old skool (band excepted).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Discussing same in pub. Certainly the best since Shearer scored England's 3rd in the 4-1 drubbing of the Netherlands in Euro '96
I really enjoyed that goal, and it was from a good break, but chirst it wasn't Owen's against Argentina in 98.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Hodgson is a very good technical coach, he plays the youngsters and he's not afraid to take risks (Henderson at right back today for a while). I'm not expecting anything from the finals next year, nor from the rip off, family friendly kickabouts we play to keep the UEFA calendar happy, but we could not do any better for a manager and our away fans are still brilliantly loud and old skool (band excepted).
Hodgson's stint at Liverpool was not a success. The general consensus is that he's a good defensive manager, but at big clubs or international level, he will come up short.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Rooney is class. 48 goals and still years left to set a record nobody will get close too. Don't see why he gets so much stick??

It's balancing out the overratedness. Today he missed some absolute sitters, another player scored two amazing goals, yet he is the one on the headlines. He is NOT world class, he just scores quite a lot of goals. And a lot of those 48 goals are meaningless. How many scored in an international tournament? How many meaningful ones?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here