Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great weekend still buzzing from last night and the Falcons doing it again offensively tonight!! Could really do with a Buccs loss tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try being a Packers fan.

palace, last night, Viqueens and Lioness' get dry humped.
Then Rodgers drops a 60 yard dagger in Nelson's fingers with handful of seconds on the clock, against the carebears.

If Carlsberg did sporting weekends ...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders turn over after the 2 minute warning - marvellous scenes

13 years of hurt now over, play-offs here we come

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Steelers vs Ravens on Christmas Day looks like it's going to decide the division.

An excellent 2nd half yesterday from the Steelers defense, a penalty led implosion by the Bengals and a last ditch Chris Boswell tackle (to go with his 6 field goals) just about got us over the line. Still nowhere near convinced about this group but 5 wins on the bounce now.

If the Patriots clinch home field advantage next week, they may well be resting players for what should be a playoff decider for the Dolphins in Week 17.

Big game for the Broncos next week @ Chiefs. If they lose it they're out.

Last edited:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Cowboys beat the Buccs which means If the Falcons beat the panthers this weekend we are divisional champions!!

We had the number 1 toughest schedule this year, would be incredible if we won the division and made the playoffs especially as everyone including me and most of our fans gave us no hope of making the playoffs at the start of the season!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's a huge relief, as the season trundled along I hate this horrible feeling that Bradley was going to get another season. Really looking forward to a new HC, the draft and hopefully more than five wins in a season.

Who do you want?

I'm reading McDaniels, Haley and Coughlin are front runners.

I'm not really sure about Haley. His period at The Steelers looks good on paper and credit must go to him for changing the offence around in order to stop Roethlisberger getting hit but I find his playcalling a little easy to read, too often he overdoes the pass or the run to a counter-productive degree. I don't think we make the best use of the talent available to us, there's discipline problems and I don't see fringe players developing well enough, especially at wide-receiver, where a number of obviously talented guys haven't really worked out (Bryant, Wheaton, Coates.)

How about a return for Mike Smith?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Who do you want?

I'm reading McDaniels, Haley and Coughlin are front runners.

I'm not really sure about Haley. His period at The Steelers looks good on paper and credit must go to him for changing the offence around in order to stop Roethlisberger getting hit but I find his playcalling a little easy to read, too often he overdoes the pass or the run to a counter-productive degree. I don't think we make the best use of the talent available to us, there's discipline problems and I don't see fringe players developing well enough, especially at wide-receiver, where a number of obviously talented guys haven't really worked out (Bryant, Wheaton, Coates.)

How about a return for Mike Smith?
I'm not against Smith, but there's a feeling that he's too much of a good guy like Bradley. This team needs someone to instil discipline and hunger. Coordinators like Patricia are exciting but I'm not sure now is the right time, personally I'd like to see Coughlin back in JAX and he needs to come with his own team, Bradley loved a bit of nepotism and that did not help anything. Whilst I'm relieved Gus is gone, I remain slightly fearful that Kahn and Caldwell might appoint another dud.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It's a huge relief, as the season trundled along I hate this horrible feeling that Bradley was going to get another season. Really looking forward to a new HC, the draft and hopefully more than five wins in a season.

I would have said before this season that it's an intriguing job for someone. From what I've seen of Bortles this year, I'm not sure any more.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Try being a Packers fan.

palace, last night, Viqueens and Lioness' get dry humped.
Then Rodgers drops a 60 yard dagger in Nelson's fingers with handful of seconds on the clock, against the carebears.

If Carlsberg did sporting weekends ...

Yeah but the only song you've got is "go Pack go". Even Reggie Yates knows that.

Seriously, my sporting weekend ended on Saturday.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would have said before this season that it's an intriguing job for someone. From what I've seen of Bortles this year, I'm not sure any more.

His regression has been horrific, his throwing mechanics are screwed. I think he's salvageable but he needs to work hard, he also needs competition for his spot, Chad Henne is not the guy to provide it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I bloody love OBJ.

The plays this guy makes are game turners and he plays with his heart on his sleeve. I saw him at a Knicks game at MSG a couple of weeks ago and he came across really well.

I also love the thought of the consternation in the "other" household that there is actually a Beckham with proper talent making a real name for himself for genuine sporting achievement. The concept of someone with the same name having a higher profile must be destroying them.................

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
His regression has been horrific, his throwing mechanics are screwed. I think he's salvageable but he needs to work hard, he also needs competition for his spot, Chad Henne is not the guy to provide it.

I hope he can be salvaged. I've developed a bit of a soft spot for the Jags, and if he gets sorted I still think they can be a decent team. What about Romo in free agency? Any chance?

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
To the guys out in states, am looking at heading out to Atlanta for a playoff game, had the money set aside for a while. How much would you expect playoff tickets to go for, best bet to get them StubHub?!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
To the guys out in states, am looking at heading out to Atlanta for a playoff game, had the money set aside for a while. How much would you expect playoff tickets to go for, best bet to get them StubHub?!

Anywhere between $75 and $150 i'd guess, depending where you sit. I'd get them sooner rather than later as they don't hang about. Also try seatgeek.com

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I hope he can be salvaged. I've developed a bit of a soft spot for the Jags, and if he gets sorted I still think they can be a decent team. What about Romo in free agency? Any chance?

I was talking about that scenario a week ago, personally I think having Romo for a season would be ideal but we'd need to upgrade our o-line heavily or else he'd get murdered. We've still got a large salary cap available and I can see House, Lewis, Odrick and probably Julius Thomas being cut which will free more cap for proper upgrades. Any QB with at least half an idea could have a field day spraying the ball between Robinson, Hurns and Lee.

Jul 7, 2003

First option is the Falcons site as there will be a small number on there for sale. Once they go, it is unlikely the official NFL ticket exchange will have many for sale so you are then on to stubhub, getmein, etc. Good luck.

Jul 7, 2003
Big game for the Broncos next week @ Chiefs. If they lose it they're out.

I think we are realistically out already. Need to beat Chiefs and Raiders as well as needing others to fail. Not a hope as our O line has some big holes and Siemian doesn't have the experience to deal with it. The D is still doing the business (only 16 points for Brady) but they can't do everything.

If he goes it won't be for the payday - it will be because he wants a ring. Given what has happened this season, I reckon Elway might go for the big gamble again just as he did with Manning and hope that it pays off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here