Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
For the Falcons I smell a repeat of last season like a bad curry. Terrible game to throw away.

As for twickenham I thought it was better than Wembley, tailgate was a lot better having it all in one place as it should be. First game iv been too where one of the teams far out numbers anyone else, this made for a brilliant atmosphere, Giants fans everywhere it felt at times like a proper NFL atmosphere also helped by twickers been a lot more compact than Wembley! I also couldn't believe the amount of Americans that came over for this game met some great people from intact the states and all over Europe who had travelled, I was sat down the front with a group of 6 all from the bronx who go regularly to Giants games, they all loved the international series experience. Game was ok good first half, 3rd quarter died but a good finish, couldn't help cheering for the Giants been surrounded by so many of them! Also took national express to/from far easier than trains. Awesome day at twickers would go to that game over Wembley's unless Falcons come to town again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well a calamitous game for the Skins yesterday, they did everything they could to avoid winning against the Lions and succeeded. Hopefully all the errors out of the way before next weeks Wembley appearance.

On a more cheery note, for those of you who have gamepass I thoroughly recommend the Peyton's Summer School film that is currently playing on there. It is absolutely fascinating giving you a very good look at one of the legends of the game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pathetic. That's the only word needed to describe the Jaguars performance against the Raiders. Going into the game the Raiders were ranked last on pass defence, surrendering an average of 350+ yards per game. At half time Bortles had 8 yards :lol: ffs
Now bottom of the AFC South and looking to lose to Tennessee on Thursday. Sweet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pathetic. That's the only word needed to describe the Jaguars performance against the Raiders. Going into the game the Raiders were ranked last on pass defence, surrendering an average of 350+ yards per game. At half time Bortles had 8 yards :lol: ffs
Now bottom of the AFC South and looking to lose to Tennessee on Thursday. Sweet.

Jags v Titans - now there's a tough sell.

I doubt that games own mother would watch :lol:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Just seen Seahawks v Cards ended in a tie! Did they decide to end it that way? What happens with standings etc?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seen Seahawks v Cards ended in a tie! Did they decide to end it that way? What happens with standings etc?

10 - 5 - 1.

That 1 could be important either way.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
What about that AJ green catch! He often gets overlooked i think when people discuss the best wideout in the league.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone at twickers today?

Apart from the game, it was very good. Very different from Wembley in the approaches from public transport (maybe more like Wimbledon tennis) and from a media perspective it felt weirdly like a Super Bowl with all the extra facilities crammed in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders won again........

Jul 7, 2003
Raiders won again........

I know that you can only beat what is put in front of you but even so, I wouldn't be getting excited about beating the Jags. I really hope this comment doesn't come back to bite me on the backside when I go to Jax in December to watch the Broncos.

Looking forward to seeing Osweiler eating plenty of the Mile High turf tonight on his return to Denver. I'm sure Miller, Wolfe and friends will give him a great welcome back, trying to give him a 'cuddle' at every opportunity.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know that you can only beat what is put in front of you but even so, I wouldn't be getting excited about beating the Jags. I really hope this comment doesn't come back to bite me on the backside when I go to Jax in December to watch the Broncos.

Looking forward to seeing Osweiler eating plenty of the Mile High turf tonight on his return to Denver. I'm sure Miller, Wolfe and friends will give him a great welcome back, trying to give him a 'cuddle' at every opportunity.

As a Raiders fan, just winning a few games is great

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Arian Foster has retired.

Really decent career numbers for a UDFA.

4 x Pro Bowl
1 x First Team All Pro
1 X Second Team All Pro
Led the NFL in rushing yards in 2010

6,527 rushing yards @ 4.4 a carry with 54 TD's
2,346 yards in the air with 14 TD's

Who'd be a running back eh? Ridiculously short careers.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
All those positive pre-season vibes following the draft have turned to nothing and the poor old Jags are still rooted to the bottom of the AFC South. Can we please get rid of Bradley now.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
AFC south is such a poor division this year I would not be surprised if the team that made the playoffs got there with a below .500 record, in fact same goes for the NFC south.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here