Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Weather is forecast to be brutal in Minnesota this weekend which could make the game more even if players start to get affected by the cold.

Cannot wait for the games to start tonight, I think there could be some close games starting with the first one tonight, one of the top O v one of the top D, maybe one for the purists which I think I will call myself

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Well the Chiefs will be reasonably pleased with how this has started.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Surely they should bring Brandon Weeden on for the second half? Not a sentence I ever thought I'd write, to be fair.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shocker of a first half for HOU. 61 yards and 3 interceptions will see this as Hoyer's last game for the Texans.

Dreadful decision-making in the red zone.

It all went wrong from the first kick, but sometimes you've just got to applaud a 106 yard kick off return.

30 minutes to go and get some pride back...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ooof, so close to another interception :mad:

It's good that the Texans have got the wild card, the further they go the further they are from drafting themselves a franchise QB. Gives hope to the Jags :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Been a lot of talk about the Jags taking Eric Berry in Free Agency, I don't want to say he's exactly what we need, but he's certainly a very large part of what we need.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's good that the Texans have got the wild card, the further they go the further they are from drafting themselves a franchise QB. Gives hope to the Jags :)

You can relax in the knowledge that we're unlikely to draft a franchise QB prospect for the foreseeable future. We passed up Carr.

If he can put his party lifestyle behind him, Johnny Football knows the state very well from his Texas A&M Heisman days.

I'd make him work out with JJ Watt to sort out his punkish attitude, but there's a genuine QB with a great arm still in there IMHO.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
You can relax in the knowledge that we're unlikely to draft a franchise QB prospect for the foreseeable future. We passed up Carr.

If he can put his party lifestyle behind him, Johnny Football knows the state very well from his Texas A&M Heisman days.

I'd make him work out with JJ Watt to sort out his punkish attitude, but there's a genuine QB with a great arm still in there IMHO.
I really can't see Manziel making it anywhere. What about looking at someone like AJ McCarron?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You can relax in the knowledge that we're unlikely to draft a franchise QB prospect for the foreseeable future. We passed up Carr in Round 2.

If he can put his party lifestyle behind him, Johnny Football knows the state from his Texas A&M Heisman days.

I'd make him room with JJ Watt to sort out his punkish attitude, but there's a genuine QB with a great arm still in there IMHO.

I read he still only wants to go to Dallas, what does he think he's done to deserve that exactly? You're right though, he's a quality QB but desperately needs guidance otherwise he'll go down the Justin Blackmon route.

If it makes you feel better about passing up Carr, we took Blaine Gabbert over none other than JJ Watt in 2011. Whoops.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I really can't see Manziel making it anywhere. What about looking at someone like AJ McCarron?

That's a decent shout. Perhaps we've had enough of former Cleveland QBs for one season!

With Bill OB in charge, we'll probably end up with yet another of Brady's supporting QB cast at the Patriots.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I read he still only wants to go to Dallas, what does he think he's done to deserve that exactly? You're right though, he's a quality QB but desperately needs guidance otherwise he'll go down the Justin Blackmon route.

If it makes you feel better about passing up Carr, we took Blaine Gabbert over none other than JJ Watt in 2011. Whoops.

I wouldn't wish Dallas on him! They had their chance to take him, but declined.

He'd naturally be 2nd fiddle to Romo at the Cowboys, but at Houston he could ostensibly be 1st choice.

He's a maverick for sure and it could all go horribly wrong. But we had that earlier this season with Ryan Mallett who Bill O'B knew well from the Patriots.

Time for Manziel to salvage his career and for the Texans to add some unpredictability to the offense.

He'd have a great WR in Hopkins. Crazy idea, but it might just work.

It doesn't make me feel much better, but thanks DFP! :) We need to wrap up JJ Watt in cotton wool now.

Fair play to the Chiefs - Alex Smith has been excellent today.

Roll on the draft...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wouldn't wish Dallas on him! They had their chance to take him, but declined.

He'd naturally be 2nd fiddle to Romo at the Cowboys, but at Houston he could ostensibly be 1st choice.

He's a maverick for sure and it could all go horribly wrong. But we had that earlier this season with Ryan Mallett who Bill O'B knew well from the Patriots.

Time for Manziel to salvage his career and for the Texans to add some unpredictability to the offense.

He'd have a great WR in Hopkins. Crazy idea, but it might just work.

It doesn't make me feel much better, but thanks DFP! :) We need to wrap up JJ Watt in cotton wool now.

Fair play to the Chiefs - Alex Smith has been excellent today.

Roll on the draft...

We can look forward to another woeful AFC South :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here