Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Some big games.

Pats @ Jets
Packers @ Cardinals

Texans to win the AFC South with a win and a Colts loss. Would never have thought that at 2-5 a couple of months back...

Can't believe Texans turn around was a couple of months ago we thrashed them and scored over 40 on them, how our fortunes have changed!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Can't believe Texans turn around was a couple of months ago we thrashed them and scored over 40 on them, how our fortunes have changed!

Yes indeed. We've been on the end of a few drubbings this season. Being 42-0 down against Miami at HT wasn't great.

Texans v Titans is a decent game for the neutral at the moment with 3 turnovers in 17 minutes of football.

And then there's always JJ Watt knocking seven bells out of Mettenberger every time he lines up against him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
At 14-10 up at the start of Q4, are daves143 Falcons going to ruin the Panthers unbeaten season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm having a little colonial overlord chuckle to myself about Belichick's 'Established 1960' sweater.

I reckon there's a tin of something in the back of my kitchen cupboard older than the New England Patriots. :lol:.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Am so bloody nervous, my dinner got launched across the room when julio scored that incredible touchdown!!!

No need to be nervous any more! Great win for the Falcons.

No favours from Miami, so it's as you were in the AFC South. All down to the last match against the Jags at NRG stadium next week.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
449ae399efd98833c0f3912ce517920a.jpg

Come on!!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Not looking so good now. ****ing Ravens.

Tomlin only has himself to blame unfortunately. His stubbornness to continue to play Blake and not address the secondary, his constant time management issues (we could have really used those 2 timeouts we blew early on in the 2nd half) and the way his teams regularly lose against poor teams. Need some help from the Bills next week.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Woooooooooo!!!! Our defence fecking blows! The Saints are at 1st and 30, can we hold them? NOOOO! Brees lets one fly and the bunch of salty gonads just step aside

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tomlin only has himself to blame unfortunately. His stubbornness to continue to play Blake and not address the secondary, his constant time management issues (we could have really used those 2 timeouts we blew early on in the 2nd half) and the way his teams regularly lose against poor teams. Need some help from the Bills next week.

Or the field goal we didn't take on the first drive! I like plenty about Tomlin but to not make the playoffs this year with the talent in this squad, injuries or no injuries is a disaster.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Or the field goal we didn't take on the first drive! I like plenty about Tomlin but to not make the playoffs this year with the talent in this squad, injuries or no injuries is a disaster.

There's a lot to like about Tomlin. As a leader he's great and the guy has never had a losing season and been to the Superbowl twice so he's clearly not an idiot but some of his decisions baffle me. His "Don't live within your fears" attitude seems to change with the wind. The 2-point conversions this season and the 4th down call today being a prime examples, no real strategy about them just seems to be gut instinct.

It's a huge off season for us next year, if they can sort out the secondary in the draft, work with the young edge rushers to get some production from those high draft picks and get a healthy Bell back there's reason for optimism next year. You're correct in saying however that this year is a bust if we don't make the playoffs, which is likely.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There's a lot to like about Tomlin. As a leader he's great and the guy has never had a losing season and been to the Superbowl twice so he's clearly not an idiot but some of his decisions baffle me. His "Don't live within your fears" attitude seems to change with the wind. The 2-point conversions this season and the 4th down call today being a prime examples, no real strategy about them just seems to be gut instinct.

It's a huge off season for us next year, if they can sort out the secondary in the draft, work with the young guys in the pass rush to get some production from those high draft picks and get a healthy Bell back there's reason for optimism next year. You're correct in saying however that this year is a bust if we don't make the playoffs, which is likely.

It's frustrating, we're really not a million miles off a championship team here. I agree the secondary has to be a priority but I'd always rather have a good front 7 and a poor secondary than the other way round. I'd be really surprised if we didn't use at least 2 high draft picks on it though (I seem to remember saying that last year!)

Assuming we don't qualify for the playoffs this year, it will be 5 years without a post season win, which I think I'm right in saying hasn't happened since 67-71. No matter how much we like Tomlin, I can't see his reign surviving a 6th. There are huge expectations and a roster that should be capable of fulfilling them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh FML, Bortles is having a stinker. 2 interceptions already tonight.
Jnr will need surgery to be removed from his christmas present Rodgers jersey.

It's a handsome bit of kit and certainly embarrasses all his Albion replica tops.

Wrong post quote, but you can make sense of that!!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
It's frustrating, we're really not a million miles off a championship team here. I agree the secondary has to be a priority but I'd always rather have a good front 7 and a poor secondary than the other way round. I'd be really surprised if we didn't use at least 2 high draft picks on it though (I seem to remember saying that last year!)

Assuming we don't qualify for the playoffs this year, it will be 5 years without a post season win, which I think I'm right in saying hasn't happened since 67-71. No matter how much we like Tomlin, I can't see his reign surviving a 6th. There are huge expectations and a roster that should be capable of fulfilling them.

Think the Rooneys would be very reluctant to fire Tomlin, you never know though. Let's hope Rex has his team up for next week and we get the job done. Also an outside shot of getting in if Denver lose out and we beat the Browns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports