Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As and when we do put todays stage to bed, a quick reminder that tomorrows is going to be AWESOME.

QI've not been able to look beyond stage 5 in my guide, I have no idea what's coming up, because La Planche des Belles Filles is such a great climb.

I'm going to be bold and say tomorrow will be more explosive than today.

Been looking forward to stage 5 too as went to that climb 4 years ago when they first featured it. Nearly killed me riding up it. Was amazing watching from 100m to finish line.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As and when we do put todays stage to bed, a quick reminder that tomorrows is going to be AWESOME.

I've not been able to look beyond stage 5 in my guide, I have no idea what's coming up, because La Planche des Belles Filles is such a great climb.

I'm going to be bold and say tomorrow will be more explosive than today.

The last winner on this climb was wearing the Italians champions jersey. Just saying like :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No great surprise.

[tweet]882349277506392068[/tweet]

and on a lighter note :bowdown:

[tweet]881622298691874816[/tweet]

Nighty night night - it's been emotional.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Guess is ****s up Eurosports 'Ask Sagan' feature. Unless they get him in as a guest presenter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last winner on this climb was wearing the Italians champions jersey. Just saying like :wink:

I've done a very silly thing.

Always shorter odds Skybet have Eduardo Sepulveda @ 400/1.
Clearly he's not going to place today, but come on 400/1.

I think to myself 't'is ok, I still have a get out as Oddschecker will prove everybody else will have him at 500/1'.

Alas not, by quite some margin, Skybet is the bet, so I have now wasted £1 ew on Steady Eddie.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sorry for missing reviews and previews today. My internet was down last night and I was in work first thing today. Think the review part was covered by everyone anyway.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Stage 5 Preview

Vittel to La Planche de Belles Filles, 160.5km

Route
CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

Final Climb
PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Shit gets real today. Pretty flat for the majority of the stage, then bam, steep relatively short climb.

Expect:
All the big GC teams totally hammering it into the bottom of La Planche de Belles Filles. We will lose a lot of the also rans from contention today. Watch the last hour, or hour and a half. I probably cannot as I am at work :cry:

Bets:
I've not bet on anyone today as betting sites are blocked in my office.

Like the look of Aru 12-1; Martin 12-1 and Yates 40-1. My long way out pick would be Talansky at 300-1, unlikely but much more likely than Supelveda!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My long way out pick would be Talansky at 300-1, unlikely but much more likely than Supelveda!
I'll be amazed if you prognosticate anything more accurately than that for the rest of the tour.

I've always had a soft spot for Ed since he took a lift up the mountain from a team car.
It turns out that's frowned upon and he now has something in common with the current world champion. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sagan's DSQ looks even more ridiculous this morning. A knee jerk overreaction. It is a real shame.
Just about the wrong decision made for absolutely the wrong reasons.

Anyhoo onwards and upwards, as said l'm really looking forward to today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is a proper break. Some really good riders in there, still doomed to fail I think but they will put up a fight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm yet to look at the TV and have the Vosges look anything other than stunning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:thumbsup:

Good of BMC to set up Aru so perfectly.
That lad Richie P is a very generous domestique.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here