The Official, 103rd Tour de France, thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Froome really has to make this count.
If Sky screw up this numerical advantage and have him crossing the line with Quintana, Dave will be worried going forward.

But then Quintana desperately needs time on stages like this. He's going to lose time in the TT's so has to take what he can in the mountains. I'd be amazed if Quintana doesn't attack today. Maybe use AVV to go first to try to tire out the Sky doms then Quintana goes and see what Froome's got.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kelderman back on. Lucky really, could have been much worse with his tyre coming off.

Actually, I take that back and apologise. I was out of order.

Tyre coming off is not Kelderman's fault and I certainly don't like seeing any rider go down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But then Quintana desperately needs time on stages like this. He's going to lose time in the TT's so has to take what he can in the mountains. I'd be amazed if Quintana doesn't attack today. Maybe use AVV to go first to try to tire out the Sky doms then Quintana goes and see what Froome's got.

Or they could all roll through the finish together. :lol: :facepalm:

I'm surprised they managed to dislodge Frank Schleck.
That's one less 'winner' to worry about.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Massive respect to Micheal Morkov. Our first abandon but has been gutsy as anything to make it this far following that horrendous crash on stage one. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Or they could all roll through the finish together. :lol: :facepalm:

I'm surprised they managed to dislodge Frank Schleck.
That's one less 'winner' to worry about.

It really is a dull GC tour so far isn't it. Says something when the sprint finishes have been the highlight so far :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah thanks Majka. Sprint to the top of every climb for the KoM points then drop off completely when you know there's no chance of points on the Peyresourde because of GC attacks.

Could just sit there with and give what's left for Bert, but no, that would be being a team player. Wanker!

Edit: Good move by Bert to move to Trek next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It really is a dull GC tour so far isn't it. Says something when the sprint finishes have been the highlight so far :(
I'm struggling to think how it would have been any different with the race route.

Previously the first week has been either cobbles or crosswinds, with the added bonus of some shitehouse weather.
This year has just been old school meh.
Then to rub salt into the wounds Le Tour has decided to stop Sky in the mountains by not giving them a summit finish for 2 days.

They might as well have just started the race at the foot of Mount Ventoux on Bastille Day.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Having the local chain gang on TV would only be slightly less interesting!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What the fook is going on?

I can't make up my mind.
I'm grinning like an idiot while watching through my fingers in horror.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now the name has come to me I can write, the first time I saw this was Linus Gerdemann.

So naturally we were all doing it on our next ride.
I've never felt so unsafe on a bike, and have never done it since.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That must've been planned, although for 13 seconds seemed a risky move. Still fortune favours the brave.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That must've been planned, although for 13 seconds seemed a risky move. Still fortune favours the brave.

+10, yellow jersey and another string to the bow.

In one descent Froomey has completely fooked with Quintana and Movistar's heads - worth it weight ...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Loving these 'marginal gains'. Did Dave's team talk this morning go something like this?:

"Right lads, if it's all together over the Peyresourde, Chris!, while they'll all sitting up and taking their bidons I want to see you on your toes son and away! Remember those Sagan youtube clips we spent so long studying?. Well forget your own sleeping pillows, that's so last year. You know what you have to do.

Seems a good time to post this as well, although this might be so last year now as well :lolol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
+10, yellow jersey and another string to the bow.

In one descent Froomey has completely fooked with Quintana and Movistar's heads - worth it weight ...

Yeah good point about the bonus seconds, it has clearly paid off, still surprised he attacked in that manner on a descent!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The bike is so unbalanced like that, even without the pedalling. Copyright Graham Obree.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big Dave B enjoyed taunting the other teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports