Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official, 103rd Tour de France, thread

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You'd have to think that, if not handing over A'Pip then Dan Martin.
Looking ahead already tomorrow is going to be a cracking stage.

JC had a stint in the coveted final '4 pointer unlikely to score any Fantasy points' position of Team Brie.
A position that finally went to Alex Howes.

Yeah, but Dan Martin has to stay upright for that to happen :p

Funny thing is, I even read an interview with Dan recently where he was honest enough to say himself that he has to avoid sickness and stay on his bike if he wants a decent GC spot. I don't think it was the stock response either. Seems he genuinely knows he has a history of falling over. Perhaps he should ride alongside G and they can prop each other up.

Tomorrow does look good, but today could even be epic yet - there's an outside chance of strong cross winds and echelon action apparently :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really didn't think the peloton would bother with echelon's today.
First stage plus a bullet fast run in, oh well.

I think there'll be plenty more to come, today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any points for combativity in the Velogames league? �� Surely my boy Delaplace has to be in with a shout?!
That's the spirit...

...Iconic British cyclist is about to win his very first yellow jersey and all you can think is:-

Do I get 2 fantasy points for Combativity. :lolol: :bowdown: :lolol:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Yeaaaasssss Cav.
Still life in the old dog yet. Took on all the best sprinters at the end of that stage.
Brilliant to see Cavendish wearing the yellow jersey finally.
I thought he gave a very emotional post-race interview as well, thanking all the right people in his team but also making reference to The Battle of the Somme. Top man!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would rather watch paint dry than see people riding a bike sedately for a few hours, then a quick sprint to the line at the end.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cracking win by Cav! :clap:

Amazed my man Groenewegen stayed on his bike after literally riding over the fallen Katusha rider going down right in front of him. Pleased he was up there but not convinced by his lead out train which was non existent. Hope everyone is ok from that crash.

Sagan looking in fine form as per usual.

Nice to see Dan McLay up there as well.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Amazed my man Groenewegen stayed on his bike after literally riding over the fallen Katusha rider going down right in front of him. Pleased he was up there but not convinced by his lead out train which was non existent. Hope everyone is ok from that crash.

I'd be surprised if that Katusha rider, who sparked the crash, is ok. Will be surprised / impressed if he starts tommorow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I feared the worst for Sam Bennett when I saw a Boro rider involved and smashed up.
It would seem that it was him as he's not appeared on the halfway complete result table.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd be surprised if that Katusha rider, who sparked the crash, is ok. Will be surprised / impressed if he starts tommorow.

I think it was Morkov and that he crossed the finished line. Tough bunch them there cyclists.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantasy appears to be all over before it's really started.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I would rather watch paint dry than see people riding a bike sedately for a few hours, then a quick sprint to the line at the end.

Yes it's not really a proper sport merely a past time or hobby that got a bit out of hand and unfortunately caused lots of mainly middle aged men in the UK to go out and get lycred up, causing unnecessary inconvenience on the roads.

On the plus side it has helped in advancing ways of illegally improving stamina/performance and masking agents to hide the widespread cheating.

:whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
General classification after stage 1

1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Dimension Data 4:13:55
2 Marcel Kittel (Ger) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:00:04
3 Peter Sagan (Svk) Tinkoff Team 0:00:06
4 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Soudal 0:00:10
5 Edward Theuns (Bel) Trek-Segafredo
6 Christophe Laporte (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits