Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 102nd Tour de France, thread.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This got me in the mood for all things TDF last night

http://thecyclingpodcast.com

Has anyone found a nice page on internet that just has the teams and riders laid out and easy to read.

I need a poster badly as well for the kitchen door.

Only making one stage this year, tunnel all booked for a week Thursday, can't wait, wish it was the Pyrenees or Alpe'Duez though, with tent and bikes, perhaps next year....

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not being an expert but always enjoying the spectacle can someone tell me which form of doping is favoured to triumph this year?

Well we await the power input results with interest when they start racing, Nibali, Froome and even Contador to a degree (more injury/accident related) have all had bad days so far this year, which bizarly is seen as good from fans keen for cycling (and other sports) to be clean.

Quintana is the unknown, and has a course almost perfect for him, loads of climbing and very short team and individual time trials.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are the Brits crap at cycling yet? I'm just wondering how long it'll be before literally nobody here cares about it again.

(although tbh, I do quite like Le Tour)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bit out of the loop wrt professional cycling, what's the consensus for the yellow Jersey? Is it Froome's to lose, is Nibali a threat, is Contador cooked from the Giro or is there enough climbing for Quintana to nip off with it?

For someone who is out of the loop, you've just summed it all up nicely.

Not quite Froome's to lose though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dan Martin.

Has he never been in the top ten? Good call if he hasn't!

Yep TB beat me to it.
I was going to post him, he's also got bigged up on the podcast.
As did Eduardo Sepúlveda, who is 600/1 with Bet365, but I bet they are only offering first 3.

If it's for a bet I'd definitely go DM.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep TB beat me to it.
I was going to post him, he's also got bigged up on the podcast.
As did Eduardo Sepúlveda, who is 600/1 with Bet365, but I bet they are only offering first 3.

If it's for a bet I'd definitely go DM.

Yep, definitely. I just assumed he'd been in it before...

Forza Dan! His Irish accent is extraordinary!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Are the Brits crap at cycling yet? I'm just wondering how long it'll be before literally nobody here cares about it again.

(although tbh, I do quite like Le Tour)

The reason we'll never be crap at it again is because people have discovered that it is God's own sport.

Now I know you live in Surrey, and they hate cyclists there, but sorry Simster, we are here to stay.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Won the U18 British road race championship before deciding to ride for Ireland (being influenced by his uncle Steve TDF winner 1987) holds both British and Irish passports but lives in Spain, very good cyclist to boot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He has, didn't he win a stage when away with Fulsang on a stage memorable for reasons I've now forgotten.

But he's definitely not top 10'ed before.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not that much value in Dan four/five to one, the only one I can see as a big odds - possible long shot is Adam Yates for the white jersey, but it depends on his team duties and Quintana not just taking it by default of loads of climbing and little time trailing. not sure if you can place for this either - but it is a long shot

Below is a selection of riders to be placed in the top 10 at the ned of the TDF 2015

Attachments

• 10 bet 11.jpg
    10 bet 11.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 136

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Not that much value in Dan four/five to one, the only one I can see as a big odds - possible long shot is Adam Yates for the white jersey, but it depends on his team duties and Quintana not just taking it by default of loads of climbing and little time trailing. not sure if you can place for this either - but it is a long shot

Below is a selection of riders to be placed in the top 10 at the ned of the TDF 2015

Barguil, Yates, Kruiswijk look reasonable value.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Laurens ten Dam might not be a bad bet for a top 10 finish @ 5/1.

LottoNL-Jumbo aren't one of the big names but they have some handy riders. Ten Dam always seems to stick on with the GC riders. Enough that he could snake a top 10 position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here