The Official 101st Tour de France, thread.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gonna play a snobby geek card here, sorry.
Knowing pro racing, knowing the field, knowing how P & P earn their money, its easy to say they aren't very good.

But I can see how a newbie would enjoy their company.

You're so patronising it's quite breathtaking.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Could be gifting it to Nibs here because no one wants to drag Sagan to the line.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well the stage didn't disappoint. Organisers set up an exciting parcours to be raced and all the big guns took the invitation to do just that. Good to see so early in the race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're so patronising it's quite breathtaking.
Which is why I apologised, but thanks anyway.

Hey you just enjoy throwing your carpet tacs tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 18477

So what does this mean? Can froomey still win it? Where will he make up the time? Why didn't he go and win this one instead of letting that Italian burst through?

Where is big Bradley wiggins when you need him!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if the expected top 3 in Paris has ever battled out the second stage.

Fantastic race, fantastic route, fantastic crowd, just fantastic.

Nice to see Saffron Walden getting a shout out a day in advance :dunce:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I wonder if the expected top 3 in Paris has ever battled out the second stage.

Fantastic race, fantastic route, fantastic crowd, just fantastic.

Nice to see Saffron Walden getting a shout out a day in advance :dunce:

It was brilliant. I have to say, in the end, I'm pleased I watched at home. I wouldn't have seen Contador, Froome or Nibali make their moves if I had been there, unless I'd got near a big screen.

Yorkshire looked beautiful, Sheffield less so.

Unbelievable crowds, it was like the Galibier, Alp d'Huez or the Tourmalet (gulp).

Let's hope Cambridge (and Saffron Walden) do them proud tomorrow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was brilliant. I have to say, in the end, I'm pleased I watched at home. I wouldn't have seen Contador, Froome or Nibali make their moves if I had been there, unless I'd got near a big screen.

Yorkshire looked beautiful, Sheffield less so.

Unbelievable crowds, it was like the Galibier, Alp d'Huez or the Tourmalet (gulp).

Let's hope Cambridge (and Saffron Walden) do them proud tomorrow.
I can just here the Channel Tunnel chatter, tomorrow evening.

'Wow those fans I've never known anything like it'.
'yeah I know 3 solid days, millions of people, amazing'.
'But there was that one place'.
'Oh yeah that's right, Saffron something'
'Blimey what was their problem'
'Although it was nice, it was the only bit of quiet we had for 3 days'
'Yeah just a shame about all the punctures'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess a glib comment here would be like shooting fish in a barrel:-

[tweet]485831003630755840[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I guess a glib comment here would be like shooting fish in a barrel:-

[tweet]485831003630755840[/tweet]

Rest assured, Stat, we here in Saffron Walden are fully embracing the Tour and look forward to welcoming the combatants tomorrow. That is just a traditional Essex welcome. Sadly, I shall be leaving my home at 06:00 hrs tomorrow to go on holiday - brought forward by 24 hours to avoid the inevitable traffic chaos, so I shall miss the whole thing.

Earlier today I drove my Volvo V70 T5 the 200 metres to the local shop to get the Sunday papers and I could barely move for cyclists everywhere trying out the course. What's wrong with people these days?:jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rest assured, Stat, we here in Saffron Walden are fully embracing the Tour and look forward to welcoming the combatants tomorrow. That is just a traditional Essex welcome. Sadly, I shall be leaving my home at 06:00 hrs tomorrow to go on holiday - brought forward by 24 hours to avoid the inevitable traffic chaos, so I shall miss the whole thing.

Earlier today I drove my Volvo V70 T5 the 200 metres to the local shop to get the Sunday papers and I could barely move for cyclists everywhere trying out the course. What's wrong with people these days?:jester:
It's the equivalent of playing football at the AMEX only, fortunately, you don't have to pay thousands of pounds for the honour.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, that stage delivered. Sagan made that last hill look rather effortless. Only one to stay in the saddle from I could see. Froome pulling the pin was typical stuff.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Just read the tour de blabla thread.

Comedy gold - would score very highly on anti-cyclist bingo. Road tax, cycle paths, red lights, two abreast.

That Internet law about how you automatically lose an argument if you mention nazi germany; we should have the same thing for cycling and road tax!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just read the tour de blabla thread.

Comedy gold - would score very highly on anti-cyclist bingo. Road tax, cycle paths, red lights, two abreast.

That Internet law about how you automatically lose an argument if you mention nazi germany; we should have the same thing for cycling and road tax!

[emoji468][emoji217][emoji222][emoji609][emoji598][emoji597][emoji590][emoji602][emoji603][emoji604][emoji600][emoji594][emoji595][emoji592]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Big yellow sign just gone up outside my house.

"Tour de France parking --->" :angry:

I blame Stat Brother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports