Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 101st Tour de France, thread.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
**** it! Crash caused by a head to head with Cav and Gerrans :( Demare and Kristoff both came unclipped as a result I think. Is that young Coquard in 4th?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Gerrans should not be there, at first glance Cav is to blame though, leaning in too much.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not looking good here for Cav. Could be collarbone :(

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Collarbone for sure, that is Cav done.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
WTF was Cavendish doing.

You know my feelings on Gerrans ordinarily, but looks like Cav going for a gap that wasn't there. Cav's fault I suspect.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were both going for the same wheel.

4 abreast, momentarily narrowing, and the middle 2 cop it.

A couple of seconds later they all would have popped out fine.

Pooh happens.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Don't you hate it when things don't go to plan? Poor Cav. At least he bounces? Not difficult to diagnose a broken collar bone there.

Pleased for Sagan to get off to a good start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know why he would try to shift Gerrans 2-3 bikes across with his head. He had enough room to race if he just rode straight line.
I think Gerrans was cutting across Cav to get to Sagan's wheel.
But he couldn't straighten up because Europcar fella was beginning to do the same to him.
Cav couldn't straighten because of Kittel on his inside.

As said a split second later it's not a problem, but that's not how sprinting works.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

[tweet]485464438418722817[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've had the most incredible day. The atmosphere has been amazing. Saw them past in Pool in Wharfdale at midday, then cycled to Harrogate to seem them 1.5km out. Tomorrow morning thinking of riding the course from Harrogate to Haworth and watching there. Yorkshire has done us proud, absolutely nailed it, the enthusiasm is everywhere to see. Chapeux!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've had the most incredible day. The atmosphere has been amazing. Saw them past in Pool in Wharfdale at midday, then cycled to Harrogate to seem them 1.5km out. Tomorrow morning thinking of riding the course from Harrogate to Haworth and watching there. Yorkshire has done us proud, absolutely nailed it, the enthusiasm is everywhere to see. Chapeux!!

Was that you at the back of the pellaton, nice basket but your bell needs to be louder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here