Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 101st Tour de France, thread.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Astana seem to be moving to the front of the bunch. Contador isolated (except for his team car and the longest rear brake 'adjustment' I've ever seen...) 5 minutes down.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
P&P annoyingly looking at the time gap out of context. Of course the gap's gone back out to 4 minutes - the peloton's been descending for at least 3 while Bertie drags himself uphill.

Not sure why I'm surprised, but sometimes it feels like it's their first day watching cycling or something...

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
P&P annoyingly looking at the time gap out of context. Of course the gap's gone back out to 4 minutes - the peloton's been descending for at least 3 while Bertie drags himself uphill.

Not sure why I'm surprised, but sometimes it feels like it's their first day watching cycling or something...

I see your point, but the fact it is a time gap means it doesn't matter who's going up or down hill.

I've given up on ITV4 though as Phil annoys me too much now. He's terrible now.

Contador out. He's in bits. What a shame to lose him and Froome already.

Real shame, I was looking forward to the duel in the mountains. Surely Nibali just has to stay upright now!!!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That is true. Maybe a better contest now than the TDF which i can only assume Nibili will win. Froome Contador and Quintana in the hills of Spain will be a good watch.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Well, I took Sagan OUT of my fantasy team last night and replaced him with... Contador.

:facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Porte, Valverde, Rolland, I reckon there must be a few riders and teams that actually might consider this TdF up from grabs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could a Mod please change this thread title 'Top rider crashes….' to avoid the spoiler to all those that record and watch the stage later, or merge with the TdF thread please.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Porte, Valverde, Rolland, I reckon there must be a few riders and teams that actually might consider this TdF up from grabs.

Indeed, although Astana are going to be hard to beat in the mountains. Can't see Valverde getting near though. All it could take is a Landis-like solo effort for the overall win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This brings a whole raft of riders into contention.

It's going to be very interesting to watch tactically.

We've gone from two and a half definite winners, to half a dozen possible winners on half a dozen teams.
Nibs still has it to lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here