The NSC summer meet-up 2003

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Safeway Seagull said:
Two?! How d'you work that out?!

One for being everyone against dwayne. winner and a second for my proper award. :lolol:

I'll settle for the genuine award :drink: but as I've never met you I won't hold you to it. :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cool I cant wait for more pics, definatley remember Roz I think flashing her...camera flash directly in my direction at somepoint ;) Think it was before the almost fatal table dancing incident :lolol:

Safeway at the next meet-up or pre-game meet-up or if we should happen to bump into each other in the revenge one night I'll buy you a pint for doing so well with the 19th, same go's for Artois as I believe he helped out...HOLD ME TO THAT!
:clap:

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
i have just got my pics back from us all in the event.

got a nice pic of safeway doing a wee ???

and i think fatboy may be competing with grin for the widest grin on the planet............

how do i get normal pics from a disposable camera onto here?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
afc womble said:
i have just got my pics back from us all in the event.

got a nice pic of safeway doing a wee ???

and i think fatboy may be competing with grin for the widest grin on the planet............

how do i get normal pics from a disposable camera onto here?!

Scan them, save them to 'my pictures' and email them as an attachment to Safeway

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
ive just realised the flag in safeway's avatar is the same flag in my avatar behind ernie and bert! hmmm.

right, scan them. sounds simple enough.

watch this space...........

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I must have taken about 20 pics of the evening. Just haven't got round to getting them developed and put on CD.

It's a bit of a slowburner, and I suspect that our individual and collective embarrassment of the evening may take a few days more to come out. I ended up in The Gloucester that night with a club full of mingers looking like pitbulls licking lemon juice off a razor blade. Couldn't wait to get home after that in case I turned to stone.

Incidentally, Roz - top quality pics and mock up of the Band On The Run and Quadrophenia posters. The Way of Life set up was one we were hoping for, and it came out brilliantly. The Band on the Run was a great bonus.

Congrats to Lord Bracknell for sweeping the board that night. There's only one Richard Branson :lolol:

I am a wanker

I am incredibly sorry for what happened on Saturday. I was gearing up for a free party with some mates and really shouldn't have come. To be honest I cannot remember anything past a trip to the park on Saturday morning with a few old chums, and woke up somewhere in Hastings on Sunday morning bleeding heavily, it was not a good night.

I offer my most sincere humble and grovelling apologies again, I am really chuffed to see everyone had a top time.

xx

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Incidentally, Roz - top quality pics and mock up of the Band On The Run and Quadrophenia posters. The Way of Life set up was one we were hoping for, and it came out brilliantly. The Band on the Run was a great bonus.

Thanks for the very kind words, sir! Largesse indeed!

But talking of getting pics developed reminds me that a little "CD gallery" sort of idea was dreamt up on Satdi night.

Basically, lots of people have taken lots of pics - I've only put up a few of the 50 or so that I took - and everyone wants to see ALL the photographic evidence. Now though its possible to get things online easily if you've got your own hosting arrangement (or if a nice person like Safeway provides that facility) there's still only so many pics that anybody's bandwidth can cope with.

And to get pics online and downloadable sometime before the next NSC event, you have to sacrifice some quality. My original pics, for example, being far higher size and resolution. The same will go for everyone else who is scanning prints for the web or editing digital pics where the maximum size is likely to be around 600 pixels wide, 72 ppi resolution (normal web res).

So the idea was this...."someone" (me I think!) invites everyone to put their original sized pics on a CD via scanner or picture CD or however you've got 'em stored at the moment. I'll then collect the whole lot of them into one BIG CD photo gallery and release this to anyone who wants a copy. You can then view them on your computer, print off decent high-res copies or whatever. Anyroad you'd have a permanent (and decent quality) photographic memory of the event. And absolutely LOADS of pics! Including the "Way of Life" poster. A good cover pic, perhaps?

CDs would cost a nominal sum (suggestions welcome) which would cover the cost of the CD and a small donation to REMF.

Whaddya think?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good talking to you on Satdee nayat.

Quality notion, Roz. If you are OK to store, collect and publish the pics, (we could be talking 200+ pics) that suits me fine. I have the kit at work here, but not the time. Soz, Roz.

Although I would be happy run off high quality A4 or A3 copies of the Way of Life poster and the group pic in the pub. Can you email me a hi-res jpeg copy of the WoL poster? a.wares@medialab.uk.com

I think a £7.50 donation to cover costs and P&P, with all profits to REMF would be OK. What does everyone else think?

PM (not email) The Large One or Roz, if you are interested.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
roz said:
Thanks for the very kind words, sir! Largesse indeed!

But talking of getting pics developed reminds me that a little "CD gallery" sort of idea was dreamt up on Satdi night.

Basically, lots of people have taken lots of pics - I've only put up a few of the 50 or so that I took - and everyone wants to see ALL the photographic evidence. Now though its possible to get things online easily if you've got your own hosting arrangement (or if a nice person like Safeway provides that facility) there's still only so many pics that anybody's bandwidth can cope with.

And to get pics online and downloadable sometime before the next NSC event, you have to sacrifice some quality. My original pics, for example, being far higher size and resolution. The same will go for everyone else who is scanning prints for the web or editing digital pics where the maximum size is likely to be around 600 pixels wide, 72 ppi resolution (normal web res).

So the idea was this...."someone" (me I think!) invites everyone to put their original sized pics on a CD via scanner or picture CD or however you've got 'em stored at the moment. I'll then collect the whole lot of them into one BIG CD photo gallery and release this to anyone who wants a copy. You can then view them on your computer, print off decent high-res copies or whatever. Anyroad you'd have a permanent (and decent quality) photographic memory of the event. And absolutely LOADS of pics! Including the "Way of Life" poster. A good cover pic, perhaps?

CDs would cost a nominal sum (suggestions welcome) which would cover the cost of the CD and a small donation to REMF.

Whaddya think?

Top idea and I'd certainly purchase one of these CD's.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Quality notion, Roz. If you are OK to store, collect and publish the pics, (we could be talking 200+ pics) that suits me fine. I have the kit at work here, but not the time. Soz, Roz.

No probs. I'm happy to do it.

Although I would be happy run off high quality A4 or A3 copies of the Way of Life poster and the group pic in the pub. Can you email me a hi-res jpeg copy of the WoL poster? a.wares@medialab.uk.com

Coming over. The pic, that is....!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes I would buy one. I/Biscuit can host pics at redontheedge.com but I dunno about the bandwidth etc as to how many he could store. All that stuff is way over my head.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Ignoring the tecchie stuff, the difference between the CD and being able to view the pics on the net is down to volume, suze and variety. Because the CD will provide BIG pics and LOADS of 'em! Hopefully, all the pics that everyone took on the night.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Roz. If you find there is free space on the CD I have loads of pics of NSCers which could fill the space. Six-A-Side footy, Cleethorpes etc. May as well get as much on as pos.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Now who remembers me saying Piercy had lost a lot of weight at Crawley!

Looks like it was due to illness.. half a stone.

Told ya. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports