The North Stand sounds amazing when they all sing together

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last edited:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I was in the north and I could hear the south and north west and see them with their arms up whilst singing. Couldn't see any West stand upper and only handful of west stand lower arms and no apparent vocal either. Used to be loud when West stand upper got going.

Time for one of the main North stand groups to move to the south I think. Generate some atmosphere next to away fans. I'll happily go there on mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as many people have said on here it is all down to angles and acoustics; the WSU were belting it out...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is the 'north stand / west stand', 'left side / right side' chant one that is mainly our own? I don't really notice it at other grounds (but then at away games if you're with the noisy lot you don't hear the home fans anyway..) or on the telly

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is the 'north stand / west stand', 'left side / right side' chant one that is mainly our own? I don't really notice it at other grounds (but then at away games if you're with the noisy lot you don't hear the home fans anyway..) or on the telly
I'm sure I've heard it on TV at a couple of places in the last couple of years since we started doing it. I think it may be that elusive 'original chant' we've been looking for.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I love my seat in the East but my god I find it incredibly frustrating to hear all the fellas singing loudly and enjoying themselves and I don't get to join in.

I tend to sing quietly to myself in the hope someone else will join in. I love nothing more than singing my heart out at an away game.

Hate that I can't sit in my favoured seat in the east and enjoy some singing. Frankly, I think the east is an embarrassment!

The whole North Stand/West Stand thing would work a charm and force the East to join if it alternated between stands, it'd get really competitive. Not so much West(+South) vs North, but West vs South vs East. Kind of unrealistic though I know :(

North Stand
West Stand
North Stand
South Stand
North Stand
East Stand
Repeat

I would comfortably stand and lead loads of East Stand singing if I thought anyone would ever join me. :(

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Palace copy it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love my seat in the East but my god I find it incredibly frustrating to hear all the fellas singing loudly and enjoying themselves and I don't get to join in.

I tend to sing quietly to myself in the hope someone else will join in. I love nothing more than singing my heart out at an away game.

Hate that I can't sit in my favoured seat in the east and enjoy some singing. Frankly, I think the east is an embarrassment!

The whole North Stand/West Stand thing would work a charm and force the East to join if it alternated between stands, it'd get really competitive. Not so much West(+South) vs North, but West vs South vs East. Kind of unrealistic though I know :(

North Stand
West Stand
North Stand
South Stand
North Stand
East Stand
Repeat

I would comfortably stand and lead loads of East Stand singing if I thought anyone would ever join me. :(
This is deffo what we need either that or to go around in a circle, now how do we get 25k plus people to go along with it?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

North Stand
West Stand
North Stand
South Stand
North Stand
East Stand
Repeat

I would rather not have a season ticket if i had to endure that nonsense in the East.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
43fb0c7cdb4d6eb1e884f5b44a514a2c.jpg

I was quite good at the triangle in my school music lessons 35 years ago. I think I still have it in my mum and dads loft. I will have a dig around and bring it along........see how it goes down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here