Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The non-yellow

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Any of our resident ref defenders care to explain that one? The most blatant yellow card you will ever see (at least my from my seat) which would obviously have seen him sent off. If I'm wrong then I hold my hands up. Seemed very easy for the ref to then give a costly yellow to RdZ for voicing his opinion. The only comfort was that if Doucoure had been sent off then it would have made a Palace equaliser inevitable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely bottled it - clear, clear second yellow - saved them even more of a hiding…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was that the first half counter attack, Caicedo? hacked down bearing in on goal.

Even if there was cover, that’s a stonewall yellow.

The ref and VAR officiated the occasion, not purely the game in front of them. “Oh, I don’t want to be put in a position of having to reduce one team to 10 men”.

Did Haha give away about 8 freekicks with fouls. I could’ve sworn blind that commentary teams always say “That’s a yellow under the clocking up procedure”.

But no gloom here. 3 POINTS AGAINST THE SCUM :ascarf:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think 'ref defender' means me amongst others.

I have seen it now.

He should have been sent off. There is no conceivable reason for that not being a booking.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
VAR. Why make rules about what it can and cannot look at? Just watch the game on the monitor, mate, and if you think the refs dropped an absolute bollock give him a steer (and never mind drawing lines - if it's obvious he's called an offside wrong, call it, draw his attention to it; the keyword is 'obvious' - if it takes two minute's worth of slow-mo replays to decide, then it isn't obvious).

But hey, no, we're the PGMOL - we need to over-complicate it to make it appear that we justify the salaries we're paid.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
100% a second yellow, ref bottled it.
Dwayne Dibley should've had at least one booking as well.
Oh well, we walk away with all the points and the ultras will be knackered at school tomorrow, win win.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As I've said in other threads, I wouldn't be surprised if the ref being a Scouser played a part in his decision-making today.

Even Clinton f***ing Morrison was disgusted that Doucoure wasn't given a second yellow.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Of course the (second) foul was a yellow - even a child could see that. The (third!) yellow, slightly less so, but certainly lesser cards have been given.
Very poor, by the ref, and I hope he takes stock of those decisions, should he be minded to re-watch the match.
As it stands, f*** him....we won. :)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Of course the (second) foul was a yellow - even a child could see that. The (third!) yellow, slightly less so, but certainly lesser cards have been given.
Very poor, by the ref, and I hope he takes stock of those decisions, should he be minded to re-watch the match.
As it stands, f*** him....we won. :)
Yes - Caicedo on the 'totting-up' process tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here