Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
and yes just had a look and you're right. They've just not compiled them in one page yet....I get that they do have limitations of course. Doesn't look like there's any games today (imagine a lot would have been postponed due to waterlogged pitches anyway)
Just like that they've appear. Who at SCFL HQ is reading this thread?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Yep, I've played there, completely exposed as you say. I'm secretly hoping they go down this season....(no offence Rottingdean fans)- currently bottom of SCFL division 2
Don’t think they’ll be relegated as one of the teams in Div 2 has already dropped out.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Ended up on my highest ever total of 87 matches last year (not all non-league). Won’t happen again (until retirement perhaps) but aiming to complete a few leagues in 2024

Highlights for those who care and want to visit/have visited

Matlock
Ilkeston
Falmouth
Stafford
Hitchin
Aachen
Carpi
Sassoulo
Also did some very rogue Belgian grounds which really are throwbacks

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ended up on my highest ever total of 87 matches last year (not all non-league). Won’t happen again (until retirement perhaps) but aiming to complete a few leagues in 2024

Highlights for those who care and want to visit/have visited

Matlock
Ilkeston
Falmouth
Stafford
Hitchin
Aachen
Carpi
Sassoulo
Also did some very rogue Belgian grounds which really are throwbacks
Sassuolo? The guvnor would be very proud of you.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When will the new pitch be installed?
We are hoping that work on it will commence this summer, but as it will take approx ten to twelve weeks to install, l can see us groundsharing somewhere for at least the start of next season,

And that's providing everything goes to plan.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
1318 at Horsham as the mighty Hawks finally return to winning ways.
Saw the Hawks lose to Billericay 1-0 at East Brighton Park. Fairly dour game. Hawks fairly clueless. Had an interesting chat to their ex manager Steven King - perhaps he’s considering a return?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
We are hoping that work on it will commence this summer, but as it will take approx ten to twelve weeks to install, l can see us groundsharing somewhere for at least the start of next season,

And that's providing everything goes to plan.
sounds good, I wonder what the groundsharing options would be, I believe Horsham already have someone (Copthorne?). Perhaps a stint at the picturesque Roffey may work?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Starting at Gorings Mead this Saturday? for Horsham YMCA v. Eastbourne United perhaps? Hopefully there won't be too many more games played on out grass pitch!
I do have a trip to Gorings Mead in my calendar for fairly soon, but not this saturday, watch this space!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'll post more tomorrow with some piccies but I went to the MKM Arena (aka Nyewood Lane) yesterday for Bognor's 2-1 win against Chatham Town

it's a great ground, will post a more detailed review tomorrow

Next up is Wick vs Arundel (weather permitting) on tuesday

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Ok, so here is ground number 2 of 2024- the MKM Arena (Nyewood Lane) home of Bognor Regis Town.

This was for the visit of promotion chasing Chatham Town (who brought with them a sizable away following) for an Isthmian League Premier Division clash.

Bognor isn't far from me so myself and my father-in-law left mine at about 2:00 and managed to park very close to the ground (there is a car park but it was full).

Admission was £13 for an adult.

I really, really like this ground. First thing that struck me is that it's green and white (Bognor's colours) EVERYWHERE. A really nice touch. It's another 4 sided ground, with 3 sides of covered terracing and then a smart seated covered stand along one side with PROPER dugouts. It also features a screen which I imagine is a rarity in Sussex non league grounds.

The clubhouse isn't as big as Eastbourne Borough's but it's still pretty plush. There's plenty of room, 4 screens showing football and an abundance of beer choices behind the bar, which is lit with a green hue- another nice touch. They had laid out a selection of cakes and pastries in the corner which all looked nice but I didn't try any of them unfortunately.

Bognor won the game 2-1, with both of their goals coming fairly early in the first half, both as a result of fantastic wing play from the best player on the pitch- Lucas Pattenden. Chatham got one back fairly late on but to be honest Bognor deserved the win.

Grabbed a Bovril at half time- £2 (the most expensive thus far) and as ever it warmed the cockles in a way that only a cup of the brown nectar can.

Not going to lie, but this place has a certain magic and I enjoyed it a lot and I will be back at some point. A cracking day out. Attendance was 891

I'm off to Wick tomorrow for the Lyminster Road derby against Arundel

IMG_20240106_150606_202.jpg
IMG_20240106_150615_733.jpg
IMG_20240106_150742_882.jpg
IMG_20240106_155955_315.jpg
IMG_20240106_162335_288.jpg

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isthmian South East took on Southern Combination this evening.

Steyning took the game to Burgess Hill tonight, a well deserved 1-0 lead at HT. second half saw Burgess Hill got a lucky equaliser when the Steyning keeper fumbled a ball, Burgess Hill then went 2-1 up. Steyning dominance resulted in an equaliser at the last knockings. Penalty Shoot Out Time, Steyning won 5-3 and will play Horsham in the SSC Semi Final at Lancing.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Isthmian South East took on Southern Combination this evening.

Steyning took the game to Burgess Hill tonight, a well deserved 1-0 lead at HT. second half saw Burgess Hill got a lucky equaliser when the Steyning keeper fumbled a ball, Burgess Hill then went 2-1 up. Steyning dominance resulted in an equaliser at the last knockings. Penalty Shoot Out Time, Steyning won 5-3 and will play Horsham in the SSC Semi Final at Lancing.
Cheers my old fruit.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Well, the dream continues for the Barrowmen. Having knocked out the Albion U21s in the last round (sorry about that) tonight we beat Burgess Hill on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Semi final against Horsham at the Shooting Field. Ah man. What a season.
is it definitely at the Shooting Field? I thought the SSC semi's were usually both at Lancing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here