Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
big news

Starting on 1.1.24 I will be undertaking a special quest:

To go to a game at every football ground in Sussex within the calendar year (From SCFL Divison 2 upwards)

There are 59 clubs that fit the criteria but due to ground shares that number comes down to 55 (with a * against Chichester City who appear to be currently sharing with Bognor but hopefully moving back soon)

I am starting on the 1st Jan with Eastbourne Borough vs Worthing and taking it from there

Stay tuned as I will be documenting the journey
You may need to mark Horsham YMCA with an * too, as we have no time scale yet with our 3G pitch build. It will take 12 to 16 weeks to complete construction, so likely it will overrun into at least the start of next season.

Good luck with your quest though!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
You may need to mark Horsham YMCA with an * too, as we have no time scale yet with our 3G pitch build. It will take 12 to 16 weeks to complete construction, so likely it will overrun into at least the start of next season.

Good luck with your quest though!
thank you I'll note that

I have the calendar year so happy to wait for that one to be next season if so. Otherwise get it in before the pitch gets done

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
I’m at the Gateshead International Stadium to watch Gateshead v York City. David Stockdale starts on the bench for the visitors.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just short of 1500 for Lewes-Bognor. Not a great first half, and not much better second with Bognor hitting the woodwork twice and forcing a couple of excellent saves by our keeper. 76th minute header from the centre back Jake Elliott (probably our best player this season) wins it though

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just short of 1500 for Lewes-Bognor. Not a great first half, and not much better second with Bognor hitting the woodwork twice and forcing a couple of excellent saves by our keeper. 76th minute header from the centre back Jake Elliott (probably our best player this season) wins it though
Awful game in atrocious conditions. We didn’t deserve to win on the balance of play, but there you go.

Their number 7 (who hit the post in the first half and the bar in the second) was the best player on the pitch, I think.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Awful game in atrocious conditions. We didn’t deserve to win on the balance of play, but there you go.

Their number 7 (who hit the post in the first half and the bar in the second) was the best player on the pitch, I think.
Their No.7 was Lucas Pattenden of THAT Littlehampton front 3 fame (better than Messi, Suarez & Neymar IMO).

Deserved Rooks win today, we pressured very well before nabbing the goal. Beer delicious as ever.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1318 at Horsham as the mighty Hawks finally return to winning ways.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was at the Camping World stadium to see Horsham lose to Whitehawk 0-1 today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here