[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
1699449076872.jpeg

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
After the Lord Mayor’s show as my late father would say, still buzzing I took my pissed arse up to the Thamesmead stadium in Charlton territory to see Peacehaven lose 2-0 to groundsharers Erith Town in the Vase. A coachfull of drunk away fans created at atmosphere at that level and I did my best Uncle Albert impersonation boring anyone in earshot with tales of the last 48 hours
God help the East Stand regulars tomorrow!
IMG_2759.jpeg
IMG_2757.jpeg
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2753.png

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Classic game of 2 halves for Hastings United yesterday. They didn't get going at all during the first half with MOTM John Ufuah being the only player seemingly trying to make things happen. A half time team talk and substitution and the U's looked much brighter second half coming out 3-2 victors in the end. Didn't think much of Kingstonian and a much tougher test awaits Hastings on Tuesday night with the visit of Carshalton who sit on place above them in the table.

IMG_20231111_225210_242.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Classic game of 2 halves for Hastings United yesterday. They didn't get going at all during the first half with MOTM John Ufuah being the only player seemingly trying to make things happen. A half time team talk and substitution and the U's looked much brighter second half coming out 3-2 victors in the end. Didn't think much of Kingstonian and a much tougher test awaits Hastings on Tuesday night with the visit of Carshalton who sit on place above them in the table.

View attachment 169714
I didn't see himself when there but I saw elsewhere that Wee Billy Gilmour was in attendance yesterday. Mates with a few of the Kingstonian players who came through the youth ranks at Chelsea like him apparently.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

View attachment 169714
The Pilot Field always reminds me of a slightly more buffer version of the Old Shay Ground at Halifax at the time of the famous Manchester City cup win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good game at Burgess Hill yesterday. Chichester looked far stronger and were 2-0 within about 10 minutes, Hill pulled it back to 2-1 before Chichester got a couple more. Hill then got back to 4-3 (including a penalty) and then had a potential equaliser disallowed for offside (Coxy went a bit apeshit) before Chichester scored a 5th late on to kill the game (deserved win tbf).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 5-2 Hassocks

Another cracking performance from the Crows at the weekend in front of a 320+ crowd.

Crowborough were quick out the blocks and had what looked like a decent penalty shout in the first or second minute. Hassock broke the deadlock very much against the run of play after 10 mins. Shot from the edge of the box was only parried into the ground and it sat up perfectly for the Hassocks 9 to head in. Crowborough just carried on where they left off. After about half an hour the equaliser came in quite some fashion. Free kick from probably about 30 yards was bent into the top corner. Just before the break Crowborough took the lead from the spot. I was going to beat the queue for a beer at half time so can't comment if it was a pen or not.

Couple of minute into the second half Harvey Killick got past the left back and had his heel clipped. Another pen which was dispatched 3-1. Crowborough continued to pile on the pressure and it was soon 4-1. Low and hard cross from the right gave Tom Pearson an easy tap in at the back stick. The poor lad playing left back must have wanted the world to swallow him up as everything was coming down the right hand side. The fifth goal came shortly after. Again a cross from the right was met with a diving header into the top corner by Ollie Hyland. Hassocks did get a consolation a couple of minutes from time.

9 points clear at the top. Several players have been the subject of 7 day approaches but have turned a move down. Crowds up massively (although I'm not overly chuffed about having to queue for a beer). Good times!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Whitehawk v Margate in the Alan Turvey Trophy has fallen foul to the weather so it'll be a trip to Woodside Road for me. Not got much hope for the Lewes game on Saturday either.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
The Pilot Field always reminds me of a slightly more buffer version of the Old Shay Ground at Halifax at the time of the famous Manchester City cup win.
The Pilot Field is a ground that I really want to visit. Looks like it has so much character

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whitehawk v Margate in the Alan Turvey Trophy has fallen foul to the weather so it'll be a trip to Woodside Road for me. Not got much hope for the Lewes game on Saturday either.
Horsham YMCA are at Eastbourne United this evening, still waiting for news as to whether that will go ahead. It's a fair old drive across country, so l'll need to know soon!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Crowborough 5-2 Hassocks

Another cracking performance from the Crows at the weekend in front of a 320+ crowd.

Crowborough were quick out the blocks and had what looked like a decent penalty shout in the first or second minute. Hassock broke the deadlock very much against the run of play after 10 mins. Shot from the edge of the box was only parried into the ground and it sat up perfectly for the Hassocks 9 to head in. Crowborough just carried on where they left off. After about half an hour the equaliser came in quite some fashion. Free kick from probably about 30 yards was bent into the top corner. Just before the break Crowborough took the lead from the spot. I was going to beat the queue for a beer at half time so can't comment if it was a pen or not.

Couple of minute into the second half Harvey Killick got past the left back and had his heel clipped. Another pen which was dispatched 3-1. Crowborough continued to pile on the pressure and it was soon 4-1. Low and hard cross from the right gave Tom Pearson an easy tap in at the back stick. The poor lad playing left back must have wanted the world to swallow him up as everything was coming down the right hand side. The fifth goal came shortly after. Again a cross from the right was met with a diving header into the top corner by Ollie Hyland. Hassocks did get a consolation a couple of minutes from time.

9 points clear at the top. Several players have been the subject of 7 day approaches but have turned a move down. Crowds up massively (although I'm not overly chuffed about having to queue for a beer). Good times!
That's a good crowd. The Crows looked very good at Steyning. Not at all phased after conceding. A very good team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cray Valley Paper Mills just equalised against Charlton in their cup replay (with a penalty that never was, which resulted in a yellow that should have been red……no VAR, obvs :lol: ). 1-1 at HT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here