Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The results for the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup have arrived, and there will be 3 teams from Sussex in the first round proper:
  • HORSHAM won 2-0 against Dorking Wanderers; it was a proper "cupset" as their local rivals are placed two leagues above!
  • WORTHING defeated Bath City by the same scoreline, a comfortable victory against a side from the same league.
  • CRAWLEY TOWN are also in the draw however they didn't have to compete today as they are in EFL League Two, the fourth division.
The only unsuccessful team was Lewes who lost 4-1 against Aldershot Town - the draw will be at 2:30 on the Sunday, televised by ITV1 :thumbsup:
It would be great to see one of them drawn at the Amex in round 3.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
4th league defeat in a row for Hastings United today. They were pitiful and found themselves 0-3 down to Wingate & Finchley after 51 minutes. They rallied to make it 2-3 which is how it ended, but that was largely due to Davide Rodari. 941 in attendance.

View attachment 168074
Have heard a rumour all the money has gone. A few players have left. Shame as they used to be a really decent side under the previous manager

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Have heard a rumour all the money has gone. A few players have left. Shame as they used to be a really decent side under the previous manager
Budget has been cut by 50% this season apparently. 4 (I think) players gone this week. It's all unravelling now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I haven’t been forv4 years but I’m seeing the Worthing bandwagon coming

I was at Oxford in 82 on the Clifton coach …. In fact I had 3 interviews with 2 different constabulary’s because I co booked it. It was the stuff of legends of horrible young gits.
I think I introduced a young Ian Hart to a whole different world of human behaviour

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Good performance from Steyning at home to Lingfield this afternoon. Back to winning ways after a couple of draws. Still unbeaten in the League but a few games behind. Score was 5-1. It’s a relentless schedule.

Well done to Worthing and Horsham. Real achievement.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Following yesterdays game Hastings United have departed company with manager Paul Barnes.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I hope Worthing get a good draw in the FA Cup later - Portsmouth would be the golden ticket. A local derby, if it was at home then guaranteed to be on BBC or ITV but the scramble for tickets would be crazy. Fratton Park and there'd be about 15,000 with Worthing taking a couple of thousand fans at least.

Best of luck to them. 👏

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Worth also noting Hereford vs Gillingham in there, a tie with plenty of Albion history in it

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
There are three Sussex teams in the first round "proper" of the FA Cup, and they have all been drawn away in their respective matches:
  • HORSHAM will be heading to Barnsley, currently third in League One, which should be a great trip for the supporters!
  • However, WORTHING may feel that they have a more manageable task at Alfreton Town of the National League North as their fans travel to Derbyshire.
  • And, CRAWLEY TOWN will be going to nearby Nottinghamshire as they play league rivals Notts County who currently sit eight places above the Red Devils.
Unfortunately no home ties but they should be great experiences nevertheless, and perhaps we may see one or two teams in the second round? 🤔

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Worthing away to Alfreton.
It's often said that the NL South is far stronger than the NL North. The promoted teams into the Premier are usually an example of that.

Alfreton's ground is tiny, their home form is decent but it's close to being a 50:50 decider. A replay and a Rebels win at Woodside Road could be the call.

Portsmouth came out two balls later - agonising. Chesterfield (top of NLP) v Pompey (top of L1) will be a TV pick.

Hope Horsham fans enjoy their big day out at Oakwell. A ground with top facilities.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It's often said that the NL South is far stronger than the NL North. The promoted teams into the Premier are usually an example of that.

Alfreton's ground is tiny, their home form is decent but it's close to being a 50:50 decider. A replay and a Rebels win at Woodside Road could be the call.

Portsmouth came out two balls later - agonising. Chesterfield (top of NLP) v Pompey (top of L1) will be a TV pick.

Hope Horsham fans enjoy their big day out at Oakwell. A ground with top facilities.
Pompey at Woodside Road would have been interesting , maybe the next round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here