Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Looking at his social media, seems he's a Hove-based entrepreneur who's possibly been inspired by the Wrexham story to invest in Eastbourne, but whether he's had any links/love for the club before that, I'm not sure. Always hard to say how long the types who immediately pump the kind of money he is putting into the club will stick around for (see Lewes and Whitehawk for what happens for when they do pull the plug).

Re what @Lenny Rider said about Worthing. It will definitely be tougher for us to compete this year given the quality of the sides that have dropped down - can see it being Yeovil and Eastbourne (if it clicks) competing for automatic promotion, but I think challenging for the play-offs should still be the aim.

On paper our squad is better than the one that finished last season, and of the players we thought might leave, only losing Harrison Male is a godsend, and getting Roco Rees in is a great replacement. Says a lot that the likes of Rye and Colbran could probably have taken a little more money to make a step up but are sticking with the project Hinsh has going on. Luer, Luque, Klass, Felix and Wheeler are all good additions - many with experience at this level and in higher leagues - and getting Jesse Starkey and Jake Robinson back are like two new singings themselves. Hopefully Gary Elphick joining the coaching staff helps improve the defensive side of things, as that was where we lacked at times last year.
Don’t forget Torquay pushing for Automatics

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Calming down on the non league this season with Europe to pay for. Already done two games this season (I was at 11 at this stage last season 😂).

Went to Dulwich on Saturday where they took on Altona 93 which is a German club they are friends with who play in the 5th Tier of German Football. Had a lovely Souvlaki at the ground, quite a few Germans made the trip. The Germans won 2-1.
IMG_5674.jpeg

Then last night I think I went to my favourite non league ground I’ve been to for Ground 250. Bath City, it feels like it hasn’t changed since the late 80s (which a Bristol Rovers I know fan pointed out it’s exactly the same as it was when they left in 1996). They lost 2-1 to a very handy Bristol City U23s side. The Floodlights and the terrace at the ground are a sight to behold.
IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

SATURDAY AUGUST 12TH 2023

PREMIER DIVISION

Billericay Town V Kingstonian
Canvey Island v Haringey Borough
Carshalton Athletic v Potters Bar Town
Chatham Town v Bognor Regis Town
Enfield Town v Concord Rangers
Hashtag United v Dulwich Hamlet
Hastings United v Cheshunt
Horsham v Hornchurch
Lewes v Cray Wanderers
Margate v Whitehawk
Wingate & Finchley v Folkestone Invicta

SOUTH EAST DIVISION

Broadbridge Heath v Sheppey Utd
Herne Bay v Burgess Hill Town
Hythe Town v East Grinstead Town
Lancing v Merstham
Littlehampton Town v Beckenham Town
Phoenix Sports v Chichester City
Sevenoaks Town v Ramsgate
Sittingbourne v Cray Valley PM
Three Bridges v Horndean

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
*****PEACEHAVEN V LEWES******

Today 3pm

Debit cards are accepted for beer and chips however entry is by bucket collection so if you could bring some coins to cover the cost of the refs it’d be appreciated

(Reminder, like Lewes, albeit on a smaller scale, we are community owned so all profits go back into the club)

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Burgess Hill Town v (a young) BHA 3pm.
Anyone think this will still be on? It’s sunny in Portslade at the moment, but don’t want to up to Burgess Hill and find that it’s pouring down.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
My first ever trip to Newhaven's ground today and what an impressive facility they have there , looks good enough for Isthmian league Premier level with only possible minimal work required .

On the pitch Seaford Town looked a little bit further advanced than Hailsham Town with their pre season preparations and were worthy 3-1 winners

Sun , Ferries , Cricket and football with free admission . Thank you Newhaven FC for a most pleasant afternoon

rsz_s4.jpg
rsz_s3.jpg
rsz_s2.jpg

rsz_s7.jpg

rsz_s1.jpg

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Went to Peacehaven v Lewes. Admission by donation. Cheesy chips and a cup of tea. What’s not to love? Typical pre season game. No real pattern and about twenty substitutions. Strong gusty winds didn’t help. New Lewes signing Arthur Penney looked decent. Peacehaven won 2-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here