Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not Non-League, but in my most David Brent move ever, I thought Iā€™d keep the new university placement from work company in the away end at the Valley as Bristol Rovers played Charlton. Unbelievable scenes as Rovers tucked home a 90+7 winner. Scott Sinclair on the scoresheet as well.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A cracking six goal thriller at Nyewood Lane last night, Bognor drawing 3-3 with Carshalton Athletic in the Isthmian Premier.
Only one point from their first two games for The Rocks but the signs are promising.
Entertaining football and great facilities with football played on grass (for now at least).

Havant v St.Albans City tonight for me.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Whitehawk V Hastings United last night at The Enclosed Ground .
The Hawks lost captain Jack Dixon 9mins ( straight red ) and Ryan Worrall 79mins ( 2nd yellow ) but still managed a point and in fact could have taken all 3 bar a fine save from the Hastings keeper in added on time . Final score 0-0 .
Attendance 546 but seemed like more with both sides fans doing their best to liven up the encounter .

rsz_w1.jpg
rsz_w2.jpg
rsz_w3.jpg
rsz_w4.jpg
rsz_w5.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Whitehawk V Hastings United last night at The Enclosed Ground .
The Hawks lost captain Jack Dixon 9mins ( straight red ) and Ryan Worrall 79mins ( 2nd yellow ) but still managed a point and in fact could have taken all 3 bar a fine save from the Hastings keeper in added on time . Final score 0-0 .
Attendance 546 but seemed like more with both sides fans doing their best to liven up the encounter .

View attachment 165056View attachment 165057View attachment 165058View attachment 165059View attachment 165060
Unlucky game against their former employer for Dixon and Worrall then?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Unlucky game against their former employer for Dixon and Worrall then?
Could be just over-egging slightly rather than just unlucky while looking to impress their new fan base . Any way a point when down to 9 men is not to be sniffed at .
BTW what a fantastic location the Enclosed Ground is , deep in the heart of Sussex , stunning surroundings , free parking if arriving early , Admission just Ā£10 for Adults , the food on sale looked quality but I'm on a strick low cholesterol diet so had to look the other way , Kids under 10 free ( when accompanied by an Adult ) Dogs on leads free and a first from me hearing a dog leading the singing from behind the goal where the home fans were packed and what a lovely bunch they are , made my visit a pleasure . Good luck for the rest of the season .

rsz_fans.jpg

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Could be just over-egging slightly rather than just unlucky while looking to impress their new fan base . Any way a point when down to 9 men is not to be sniffed at .
BTW what a fantastic location the Enclosed Ground is , deep in the heart of Sussex , stunning surroundings , free parking if arriving early , Admission just Ā£10 for Adults , the food on sale looked quality but I'm on a strick low cholesterol diet so had to look the other way , Kids under 10 free ( when accompanied by an Adult ) Dogs on leads free and a first from me hearing a dog leading the singing from behind the goal where the home fans were packed and what a lovely bunch they are , made my visit a pleasure . Good luck for the rest of the season .

View attachment 165082
Beautiful location especially if the lighting is just right, atmosphere usually pretty decent as well. Theyā€™ve done a lot of work to the stand behind the goal as well which is good as the thing was collapsing.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
'Businessmen' šŸ¤£
Like you Iā€™d be interested to see any sensible business case for ā€˜investingā€™ in clubs at this level! But Iā€™m told that in Saltdeanā€™s case, there are a couple of genuinely honest local wealthy people who want to leave a lasting legacy. Good luck to them.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Like you Iā€™d be interested to see any sensible business case for ā€˜investingā€™ in clubs at this level! But Iā€™m told that in Saltdeanā€™s case, there are a couple of genuinely honest local wealthy people who want to leave a lasting legacy. Good luck to them.
I presume no relation to the previous owner, who is erm, well I donā€™t want to get Bozza in trouble with any legal action.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I presume no relation to the previous owner, who is erm, well I donā€™t want to get Bozza in trouble with any legal action.
I got into my own trouble by merely sharing a link to an Argus ā€œnewsā€ article on the Peacehaven supporters page a year or so back or whenever it was. The Peacehaven PA announcer told me I was no longer welcome at the club whilst stirring so much untrue shit for me that strangers were coming up to me in the pubs making comments such as ā€œif I was you Iā€™d remove what youā€™ve written [I wrote nothing] or youā€™ll get your house burnt downā€. (I kid you not)
I still support the club, in fact I still love the club but I donā€™t go much these days.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Decent away win for Lewes at Kingstonian last night. T&M stadium is a dream to get to and back from; the tram is just fantastic. Raised stands on all sides makes for brilliant views. Excellent atmosphere from a decent travelling crowd. The Jerk Shak didn't disappoint; absolutely superb chicken curry. This Rooks team looks the business, it has to be said, although Ks were very limited.

Attachments

• PXL_20230816_200826806.jpg
    PXL_20230816_200826806.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here