Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see York are not far from relegation places. Surely he would not uproot so far away if there is any chance they could be playing at same level as Worthing.
They could very conceivably be in the league BELOW Worthing next season!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Suppose it’s a bit of a free hit really.

York have been a bit of a basket case club from the outside this season, with a new rich but very eccentric owner. Probably quite easy to write it off if things go badly, but with the money & backing there it’s not inconceivable that they’ll be fighting at the right end next season if AH does well.

Gutted though, hopefully Worthing have some solid succession planning lined up. Must be a very attractive job for a lot of non-league managers.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
In a huge amount of JCLness, I'm off to Lewes tonight to see the European tie...

Hope nobody asks 'where were you when we were shit ?'
Absolutely THE place to be tonight.

Tails are up after a very good win at the Camping World Community Arena or whatever it's called at the weekend, and we seem to be imperious in Europe. Win tonight and Lewes are in the final knockout stages! Meaning Easyjet can commence their surge pricing for flights to Milan in May.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely THE place to be tonight.

Tails are up after a very good win at the Camping World Community Arena or whatever it's called at the weekend, and we seem to be imperious in Europe. Win tonight and Lewes are in the final knockout stages! Meaning Easyjet can commence their surge pricing for flights to Milan in May.
This sounds good. What kind of crowd are they likely to get?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you have decided to go, do so. It’s a little cheaper and much quicker through the turnstiles.
Yeah I think I might. Used to watch Lewes quite a lot when my Dad lived there about 25 years ago, don't think I've been back since.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
My lad tells me that AH was linked with the (recently) vacant Eastleigh job. You can imagine that one might have appealed to him, IF he were looking to step up. Decent sized club with good facilities - underachieving but with no huge inherent expectation. And of course he could have done it without uprooting.

No idea whether it was nonsense, or he turned it down, or was perhaps interviewed and didn't get it. They went with Kelvin Davies - ex Saints, and still lives very local.
It’s a real head scratcher.

Yes his stock is high at the moment, and apparently it’s strongly rumoured York City have trebled his wages before bonuses.

But having driven to Bootham Crescent in the Adams Era, it’s a f****** long way 😂

With both his boys going well at the Albion, the family settled in leafy Durrington, I always knew he’d leave Woodside Road one day, I just thought his next dugout would be a little bit closer than 300 miles?

That said he’s served the Rebels well, so thank you Adam and good luck. 🍾

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Albions greatest ever deadline day signing to go in as caretaker at Worthing I hear ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tonight's The Night as the man in the spangley tight pants sang.

Sussex Senior Cup semi-final at Lancing as it's Isthmian Premier Horsham v SCFL Premier Steyning Town. 7.30pm ko. It should be a great night with Steyning on a good run - and having previously knocked out the Albion U21's and Burgess Hill. But Horsham are a top club and team. It'll be a decent crowd (I hope).

View attachment 177456

Up The Barrowmen!
Timewasting after 17 minutes @Dick Knights Mumm :lol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
An expensive yellow too as it turns out - sent off 20 minutes later for a second caution.
I didn’t even see the time wasting. It was a piss poor bit of time wasting if that’s what it was. Nathan Cooper is such a good player I doubt it somehow. If there was any doubt the ref would have been sensible to have a word. As it turned out it was a really expensive yellow as the second one (deserved) left an impossible mountain to climb.

As we all know, in these circumstances you need to play well, take your chances, ride your luck, and hope the team higher up the pyramid has an off day. It was Horsham’s day, they did all they needed in front of an impressive support. Good luck to the Hornets in the final.

Not our day, but promotion is still possible so all to play for in the coming months. It’s going to be exciting.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Ground number 13 was Lancing's Culver Road for the Sussex Senior Cup Semi Final between Horsham and Steyning Town.

There was a truly bumper crowd last night and everything felt a bit rammed. Absolutely colossal queues for the bar and food unfortunately.

It's quite a funny ground, Culver Road. There's 1 stand which is fairly new and quite big which also houses the clubhouse and a hatch for food etc. I quite liked the patio area outside the clubhouse. Unfortunately, the seats aren't in Lancing's colours which I continue to have a real bee in my bonnet about. Other than the one fairly big stand there is hard standing on the other 3 sides, behind the concrete there's grassy mounds which I was convinced a member of the sizable Horsham contingent would slip down at some point but no dice. Overall I do feel like it's more of a Sussex FA ground than a Lancing ground, is that fair? Perhaps it would be different on a Lancing match day.

One of my favourite features was the digital clock which also shows the temperature. Not entirely sure how useful that actually is but I liked it. There is also a multi-faith prayer room which, I'm going to go out on a limb here and declare that this must be the only ground in Sussex with this feature.

The clubhouse is...ok. It's a decent size and is pretty new. I like that there are a lot of signed framed shirts on the walls and there are a couple of screens. However, the bar is quite small. They could probably sacrifice a bit of space to have a bigger bar. Beer options are also very limited with only Fosters and Kronenburg on tap. The table football table was a nice touch though.

Bovril was £1.70, which is slightly higher than the going rate.

Steyning went 1-0 up in this game but the game turned when they received quite an annoying red card with the game at 1-1. Heartbreakingly they actually had a great chance to equalise when Horsham were 2-1 up and Horsham got a third not long after. Final score was 4-1 and Horsham will face Littlehampton or Hastings in the final.

IMG_20240227_190917_317.jpg

IMG_20240227_191215_808.jpg

IMG_20240227_193404_353.jpg

IMG_20240227_201949_306.jpg

IMG_20240227_202749_586.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ground number 13 was Lancing's Culver Road for the Sussex Senior Cup Semi Final between Horsham and Steyning Town.

There was a truly bumper crowd last night and everything felt a bit rammed. Absolutely colossal queues for the bar and food unfortunately.

It's quite a funny ground, Culver Road. There's 1 stand which is fairly new and quite big which also houses the clubhouse and a hatch for food etc. I quite liked the patio area outside the clubhouse. Unfortunately, the seats aren't in Lancing's colours which I continue to have a real bee in my bonnet about. Other than the one fairly big stand there is hard standing on the other 3 sides, behind the concrete there's grassy mounds which I was convinced a member of the sizable Horsham contingent would slip down at some point but no dice. Overall I do feel like it's more of a Sussex FA ground than a Lancing ground, is that fair? Perhaps it would be different on a Lancing match day.

One of my favourite features was the digital clock which also shows the temperature. Not entirely sure how useful that actually is but I liked it. There is also a multi-faith prayer room which, I'm going to go out on a limb here and declare that this must be the only ground in Sussex with this feature.

The clubhouse is...ok. It's a decent size and is pretty new. I like that there are a lot of signed framed shirts on the walls and there are a couple of screens. However, the bar is quite small. They could probably sacrifice a bit of space to have a bigger bar. Beer options are also very limited with only Fosters and Kronenburg on tap. The table football table was a nice touch though.

Bovril was £1.70, which is slightly higher than the going rate.

Steyning went 1-0 up in this game but the game turned when they received quite an annoying red card with the game at 1-1. Heartbreakingly they actually had a great chance to equalise when Horsham were 2-1 up and Horsham got a third not long after. Final score was 4-1 and Horsham will face Littlehampton or Hastings in the final.

View attachment 177591
View attachment 177592
View attachment 177593
View attachment 177594
View attachment 177595
Very good write-up - cheers. It is a funny old ground - you’re right.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
due to the weather (which annoyingly cleared by about 11:00) there were barely any games on in the whole of Sussex on saturday. Had intended to go to Selsey but ended up at Lewes. Write up to follow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here