[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think you’re overestimating non-league crowds! Half the teams in the conference currently aren’t even averaging 2k, Worthing & Lewes play 2 levels below that, Hastings even further down than that.

I am not overestimating non league crowds up North. Reason they are low is because so many clubs close to each other so are competing for supporters. (Accrington 8 miles from Burnley eg )It is not the same down here especially when Brighton are away. Our senior sides all have a big catchment area to attract supporters with little competition

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It’s also worth noting that Woodside Road is a better pub than a lot of the actual pubs in Worthing. :lolol:

The bar at Woodside Road or The Grand Victoria? If I was going on a pub crawl through Worthing I know where I’d rather plot up to start.

On my last trip to Woodside for the 5-4 I recognised the bloke (Geoff?) behind the bar who used to run the Montpelier about 20 years ago before it went completely down the toilet (has it closed down now?)

Anyway I remembered him as being one of the very best landlords in the game at the time - always hired good staff, really attentive and quick, and he was really focused on making sure the punters were happy, even when the place was rammed full of plastic scousers watching Liverpool lose to Man Utd again.

Anyway I completely agree, though would say that I'd probably start at the Brooksteed, and not make it out the door :moo:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Anyway I completely agree, though would say that I'd probably start at the Brooksteed, and not make it out the door :moo:

Brooksteed is good- there's also two mircropubs next to West Worthing Station which aren't far from the ground

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Been drawn away to Bishop's Stortford in 2nd round of Trophy, never been before so another ground to tick off

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ll probably head off to Hayward’s Heath for senior cup match v BHA tomorrow night. Will be interested to see the Albion line up.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I’ll probably head off to Hayward’s Heath for senior cup match v BHA tomorrow night. Will be interested to see the Albion line up.

Hoping to get to Littlehampton v Lewes tomorrow night in the same competition. Wondering how seriously the higher ranked teams like Lewes take this competition, they should be way too strong for us if they put out a first team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Has Non-League benefited from Covid I wonder? At least, since the return to playing, as obviously Covid lockdowns will have adversely affected a lot of small clubs.

More space to spread out. Drink whilst watching the game.

I know someone who goes regularly to The Pilot Field and he says attendances are way up. Although new owner and success on the pitch will be a big factor there also.

Hawks about 40% up on attendance. And not even having the best of seasons.

I love it.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Probably not going to be able the get up to Hornchurch v Worthing this evening so instead I'm aiming to take in a Senior Cup game. Options are Littlehampton, Shoreham or Lancing.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Hoping to get to Littlehampton v Lewes tomorrow night in the same competition. Wondering how seriously the higher ranked teams like Lewes take this competition, they should be way too strong for us if they put out a first team.

Good contest that was, with the visitors running out 4-1 winners. Comparing tonight's line up with last Saturday's, it looked like Lewes had all but a few first choice players on show so, considering the gulf in league positions, that was no disgrace for The Marigolds. We actually hit the post in the first minute only for Lewes to go more or less straight up the other end and take the lead. There was very little in it for much of the game, the main difference being Lewes' clinical finishing, a couple of absolute belters. Decent crowd too, an enjoyable evening all round. Another tough one at Deal Town in the FA Vase on Saturday, before a return to some more winnable fixtures.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
08ABD8B6-38E9-45A9-B434-FC39E57F30AF.png

Not a bad run of form! And with Enfield conceding in the 96th minute, Worthing are now top by 8 points (having played a game more)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports