Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The NHS ..... our NHS

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Doctors up and down the country have warned us over the cuts imposed by the Tories over the last decade. Dominic Cummings, Johnson’s chief advisor, is on record as saying that the Tories don’t care about the NHS. We also have British Medical Association chairman, Dr Chaand Nagpaul, saying that the UK’s lack of ventilators was “a result of a decade of under-funding” and Britain’s “starting position has been far worse than many other European nations”, but I’m the one for politicising the NHS for pointing this out... god you must really want to bury your head in the sand as you are going to great lengths to defend your Tory overlords.

I’m sick of your political diatribes.

I don’t give a flying **** if its the Tories, Labour or the bloody Monster Raving Loony Party. No one and I mean no one could’ve prepared for this.

You’re dragging people into a political debate which is of so little relevance at the moment it’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I don’t give a flying **** if its the Tories, Labour or the bloody Monster Raving Loony Party. No one and I mean no one could’ve prepared for this.

You’re dragging people into a political debate which is of so little relevance at the moment it’s ridiculous.

Absolutely this.......this is unprecedented beyond belief. Anyone seeking to score political points should STFU.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

NHS spending growth over the past decade has reached historic lows, chronic staff shortages, a drastic shortage of beds and ongoing care facilities, British Medical Association chairman Dr Chaand Nagpaul saying that the UK’s lack of equipment to deal this pandemic, such as ventilators, was “a result of a decade of under-funding”. I’m sorry that you find these facts inconvenient but they are a direct result of a political ideology that has meant our NHS doesn’t have the resources to deal with this crisis. It‘s more relevant now than ever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
However the NHS was funded, managed or organised, the answer now would still be ‘it’s not enough’. No risk mitigation program properly allows for a once in a several decades/centuries event like this.........

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s quieter in general but I’m in town most days and there’s a lot of oldies out. Let’s hope they can give the NHS a break and get them in enforced isolation soon.

Well likewise ...but as long as they are social distancing it’s not a problem is it? Not all ‘old’ people have underlying health issues

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
However the NHS was funded, managed or organised, the answer now would still be ‘it’s not enough’. No risk mitigation program properly allows for a once in a several decades/centuries event like this.........

Whilst there is certainly truth to that, the aforementioned British Medical Association chairman has also stated that the under-funding of the NHS means “Britain’s starting position has been far worse than many other European nations”. It‘s all well and good saying ’it would have been bad regardless’, but how many lives could perhaps have been saved if there were more beds, more staff, more equipment and more resources to hand? :down:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well likewise ...but as long as they are social distancing it’s not a problem is it? Not all ‘old’ people have underlying health issues

They weren’t, they were chatting and nattering and sitting in cafes together. And yes, even if they are social distancing they are at more risk if they catch the virus from a surface or a sneeze etc
Far more likely to need hospital treatment. Let’s hope they get the message now and stay indoors but I doubt it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This thread WAS an uplifting opportunity for people to express their gratitude for the NHS. I am proud of my eldest daughter who is a 'sister' at A & E Worthing and very much, along with her teams of workers throughout the NHS...at the frontline.

How shocking that an arse like midnight-rendevous has decided to destroy any good feeling or goodwill on this thread with his political diatribe.

Shameful.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
They weren’t, they were chatting and nattering and sitting in cafes together. And yes, even if they are social distancing they are at more risk if they catch the virus from a surface or a sneeze etc
Far more likely to need hospital treatment. Let’s hope they get the message now and stay indoors but I doubt it.

I'm old,live in Shoreham for a few months each year and.I will be out unless it breaks the law of the land.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
This thread WAS an uplifting opportunity for people to express their gratitude for the NHS. I am proud of my eldest daughter who is a 'sister' at A & E Worthing and very much, along with her teams of workers throughout the NHS...at the frontline.

How shocking that an arse like midnight-rendevous has decided to destroy any good feeling or goodwill on this thread with his political diatribe.

Shameful.

I thought this was a place for discussion ??? I’m sorry that pointing out some inconvenient truths seems to have upset some of you. It seems like we’re happy to share our gratitude but also happy to skirt around the elephant in the room. God forbid we should take this moment of crisis to reflect.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They should all get pay rises after this

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm old,live in Shoreham for a few months each year and.I will be out unless it breaks the law of the land.

I’m sure the Frontline NHS thank you for being so selfless. Let’s hope there’s enough ventilators, eh!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If I see you in Shoreham we can shake hands and share a beer.I don't wish anybody harm unlike you with your snide ventilator remark.

It wasn’t snide. It was a genuine exclamation. I wish you no harm but I do wish people with your attitude would think of others. There’s a lot of people making huge sacrifices to protect your age group, it would be nice of you to respect that.
But, no point arguing, people gonna do what they wanna do and no point being at odds.
I hope you and your family stay healthy.

:)
TC

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
It wasn’t snide. It was a genuine exclamation. I wish you no harm but I do wish people with your attitude would think of others. There’s a lot of people making huge sacrifices to protect your age group, it would be nice of you to respect that.
But, no point arguing, people gonna do what they wanna do and no point being at odds.
I hope you and your family stay healthy.

:)
TC

I and many like me put ourselves on the line doing military service so I find your comment re sacrifice rather offensive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I and many like me put ourselves on the line doing military service so I find your comment re sacrifice rather offensive.

And your service is much appreciated. But not sure why that now excuses you of responsibility to others? Anyway, clearly no point discussing it with you.
Stay healthy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The NHS will always be “underfunded “because the potential health budget is a bottomless pit into which one could pour money forever, and there would still be something more .......
But that aside, this thread was started about the NHS that we have and the heroes who staff it. They are amazing . I spent several months in hospital in 2018/19. Of course you could choose to remember the few who acted with less than the best attitude in the ward...... But by far the overwhelming majority were superb.
In my experience it was the lower graded Health Care Assistants who did the bulk of the daily work and got the grotty jobs like bed pans , washing patients and the like. The ones I found with the warmest character came from the east, India or the Philippines. These young girls daily tackle jobs that you and I would flinch at.
I will always be exceedingly grateful to them and glad that I live in a country with such a health care service

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I thought this was a place for discussion ??? I’m sorry that pointing out some inconvenient truths seems to have upset some of you. It seems like we’re happy to share our gratitude but also happy to skirt around the elephant in the room. God forbid we should take this moment of crisis to reflect.

The way you are reacting to this is making more angry than just about anything I've seen on NSC. Now is absolutely not the time to reflect. Now is the time to react and pull together as one to achieve a common aim. Criticism of past behaviours just adds more negativity to the world at the moment. Myself and my overworked NHS ward sister partner are doing all we can to help and be positive. I suggest you do the same.

Or perhaps you'd like a general election called now so that everyone can vote Labour. It'll be even better if we can get it sorted before Jeremy has to step down cos he'd be able to be PM then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here