Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next three games and points per game average

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Being realistic for a second, what do we expect out of these three?
I'd take a defeat against Liverpool (making them the first team to win at the Amex, don't want that title going to the shit from North Surrey). I'd be happy with a draw v Leeds and three points against the scum.

If we did get 4 points from the next two league games we would average 2.22 points per game, keep that up all season and it would be more than good enough for the title. (In the last 4 seasons, the highest points average to win this league was 2.22, Newcastle 09/10 102 points).

For the record the highest average to finish in 6th place in the last 4 seasons was 1.63 (75 points). So even if we lose the next two our average would be 1.78 and easily a good enough average for a play off place.

God I'm bored, need to get a more fulfilling job!!!!

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Leeds have a very tough game tonight which I am sure they will put alot of effort into winning with their strongest team as the Leeds faithfull will demand nothing less. I expect leeds to be a very tough game but I anticipate Tuesday could be harder.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
two draws against Leeds/Scum and a defeat by one goal to Liverpool

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Been covered lots already, but genuinely not too fussed at the result tomorrow night (as long as we don't get thumped), would take a drawn against Leeds and really hope for a win against Palace

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Obviously we want to ko Liverpool and 6 points from other two,but I think many of us would settle for a decent display from our lads(whatever the outcome) & 4 league points,or at worst 2. Bring 'em on...!

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Of course, if we were being objective and just looking at the league, we'd be better off getting a result against Leeds and failing against Palace than vice-versa (on the basis that Palace aren't going to be pushing for the play-offs, so it's Leeds we need to drop points).

Obviously no-one is going to be objective, and everyone (including me) would much rather stuff Palace out of sight.

As for the averages... great stats! Genuinely think we can push on and get enough to squeeze into 6th place - but 2.22 for the rest of the season in this division is probably far out of our reach!

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I would be happy with;

Brighton 1 - 2 Liverpool
Brighton 2 - 1 Leeds
Brighton 4 - 0 Palace

That would be brilliant, our average would be 2.44. An average of 2 points per game (i.e, 92 points) is promotion form. Simple really, just win your home games and draw your away games.

We've had an excellent start and I really hope we can keep it up.
We are in good company with Southampton, M'boro, Derby and West Ham all averaging at least 2 points per game at this stage.
Really indicates how far we have come, wasn't that long ago this lot would be mid table premier league clubs, I think the eventual top two will come from this group (would probably add Leicester to this)
As for the play off's, I reckon it's between Cardiff, Blackpool, Hull, Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich.

Where would you have us? top group, play off group or mid table? Personally I'd have us in the play off group, to me that's brilliant and if you'd offered me that before the season started I'd have snapped your arm off!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
A win against Liverpool would be nice especially as I have a Scouse mate so the chance to wind him up would be lovely. On the other side a defeat will not be the end of the world so long as we do not get well and truly stuffed.

As for the 2 league games I expect 6 points and the Palace game coming in the 'win at all costs' category.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'd take a defeat against Liverpool (making them the first team to win at the Amex, don't want that title going to the shit from North Surrey). I'd be happy with a draw v Leeds and three points against the scum.

Why are so many people obsessed about the first away team to win at the Amex ITS ALREADY HAPPENNED :facepalm:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
and the Palace game coming in the 'win at all costs' category. [/QUOTE said:
Totally agree with this. I understand the bigger picture etc and to lose wouldn't be the end of the world etc etc. But to many of us it really is that big a deal, biggest game of our season by far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not worried about Liverpool either way at the moment, at 7.45 on Wednesday I will want us to win. I do,however, hope to get 7 points from our next 3 league games.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Of course, if we were being objective and just looking at the league, we'd be better off getting a result against Leeds and failing against Palace than vice-versa (on the basis that Palace aren't going to be pushing for the play-offs, so it's Leeds we need to drop points).

first off GREAT stats.

second, although i'd feel inclined to agree, it's far too early in the season to make this assertion about who'll be fighting for playoffs. every season has their surprises.

therefore draw with Leeds and win over Palace will leave me feeling very happy on train back to Saff London next Tuesday (albeit a silent smugness in amongst the nigels).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here