Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new NSC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, just logged on to read a million assassinations of the new board. Thanks chaps, your support is lovely.

To the rest of you....

Arthur put in a fair few hours on this bright sunny Saturday to update NSC. He completed the update and put the board live again. Is this new NSC the finished article? Of course it's f***ing not. This is a vBulletin installation how it comes out of the box. We have a huge scope to customise things and the first thing we'll do it get it back to roughly the way it used to look.

Anwyway - as Arthur said I'm out on the lasher in Brighton so I'm going to love you and leave you. I'll tidy things up tomorrow night....

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
sake (lengthened to 10 bloody characters) FFS

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just a few observations.
1) The smilies take up too much room meaning that you have to keep scrolling down to reach the send button.
2) There is no direct link from the PM page back to the Big Board.
3) Is it available in different colours?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Bit of a shock on first sight but I likes it!

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
its better this mornin than it was yesterday, still cant see all the smilies though:shrug:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Personally, I wouldn't care if I never saw another smiley again. But I'm peculiar that way.

It's early days so far as tweaks are concerned and I reckon it must have been some job to get the board updated and back online as quickly as it was. For sure, I'm glad I didn't spend most of my Saturday working on it just to provide an extra topic to grizzle about!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I like it, but my only gripe is that i cant change my avatar. Cant see anythig on the user CP. Excuse my ignorance.:dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Go into "User CP" and look at the sidebar on the left (titled Control Panel) "Edit avatar" is about 4 down from the top.

Not on mine it isn't.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
All newcomings are difficult to accept, and this is no different. It's a little like a change in government; the birth of a little brother who's so much better looking than you even in those opening moments robbing you of parental attention; your favourite teacher has died and a new one walks into class with that funny bag and overlong sideburns and the carrier of an accent; when father sells the moose-head that quivers and seems to deadeningly wink when the door opens or gets slammed furiously, and in it's place on the mantle are the tinned ashes of an aunt you never respected. Once you get used to any of these things, though, their make-up and blemishes are forgotten, so, in oddly adult form, i'll say THANK YOU BOZZA and WELL DONE.

Not on mine either I'm afraid.
You're quite right.

Mods appear to have some User options that aren't yet available to the rest of NSC.

No doubt Bozza's tweaking will deal with this.

I particularly like one option that I currently have - a Quick Style Chooser that gives a choice of styles in which to view the board:

vBulletin 3
North Stand Chat vBulletin 3 style
vBulletin 2 Default
original
[vBulletin 2 Default - Old Custom Template]

I'm currently using "original", mainly because it presents unbolded versions of the Username against each post (which I prefer).

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
All newcomings are difficult to accept, and this is no different. It's a little like a change in government; the birth of a little brother who's so much better looking than you even in those opening moments robbing you of parental attention; your favourite teacher has died and a new one walks into class with that funny bag and overlong sideburns and the carrier of an accent; when father sells the moose-head that quivers and seems to deadeningly wink when the door opens or gets slammed furiously, and in it's place on the mantle are the tinned ashes of an aunt you never respected. Once you get used to any of these things, though, their make-up and blemishes are forgotten, so, in oddly adult form, i'll say THANK YOU BOZZA and WELL DONE.
some things never change :laugh:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are a few changes you can make in the options file.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think I posted somewhere else - but thanks to Arthur for his time and effort - much appreciated. Gets a bit tiresome when some other people forget that "THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THIS DO IT FOR OUR BENEFIT YOU UNGRATEFUL NOODLEHEADS!!" .....phew had to get that off my chest..

Its great - infact NSC in any form is great and I'm thankful its here!! :cheery:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here