Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Look Albion

I have read quite a few threads on the transfer saga and have decided to add my own take on proceedings.

Hammond was obviously our 'biggest' loss allegedly. He was a fair player but not quite great. When you compare him with some of the captains that have led this club in the past, some perspective maybe placed in order. Remember Brian Horton, that little known player from Port Vale? Tony Grealish, Jimmy Case? These were great players. Horton was able to command the team, inspire the team, lead by example and was a damn good midfielder. Could you say the same attributes about Hammond?

Alex Revell was a workhorse, run all day for the team but.............he lacked that scoring prowess. Elder, not up to the mark. If ha was, he would be playing. Remember, Wilkins played with some of our finest forwards and will compare.

Savage - not a great loss; again, never going to be a prolific scorer.

Look at the transfers we have gained. Thompson - looks very much in the same mould as Nobby. Murray, dare I say it............

I believe there are a great deal of positives to take from this. The lads we have gained will strengthen our team, who knows, we could be going back to the late seventies and start again. Forster is still here, he could be the next Mellor; a great support act for Murray.

Things are looking up. Play offs are still a viable option; with this team, anything is possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here