Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New England home shirt

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
To those that thinks it's horrendous, what exactly would you prefer. Our traditional top is all white with maybe some red or blue trim. There isn't much you can do with that.

The general idea is fine but its the god awful collar and the buttons up the front that are just not right on a football shirt the whole design is blatantly done with the intention of selling as many shirts as possible not what is best on the pitch, I suppose that matches the players though.

The goalie shirt is much better.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The Nike and Adidas kits for Euro 2012 are stunning. Puma have really upped there game in recent years too, particularly with the African nations.

How long have we got to put up with the dire dross Umbro produce????? (yes I know it's part of Nike, but you would never have thought it looking at there designs).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not sure the kit matters really. If we WIN a tournament it would become an instant classic whatever it looked like.

People who buy the latest England shirt everytime, will buy it whatever, whereas those of us that generally don't won't often see a design and think "Wow, I gotta get that one!"

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How long have we got to put up with the dire dross Umbro produce?????

This is what I love about football kits - the fact that one person sees a design as brilliant, yet another person sees the same design as ugly. I love that England kit, I won't buy it, but I think it is a thing of beauty - simple and clean.

Each to their own. :thumbsup:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
This is what I love about football kits - the fact that one person sees a design as brilliant, yet another person sees the same design as ugly. I love that England kit, I won't buy it, but I think it is a thing of beauty - simple and clean.

Each to their own. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I'm sure this will grow on me. And I also agree there is a lot to like about it's simplicity. Better then having ghastly flashes of red all over it like a few years back.

However, I would love to see a modern take on those Admiral kits from the early 80s. I think that would be awesome.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
However, I would love to see a modern take on those Admiral kits from the early 80s. I think that would be awesome.

That would be brilliant:

england-1974-1980-white.gif
england-1980-1981-white.gif

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I haven't bought an England replica kit since Euro 2004, as someone has already mentioned I think they're for kids. The lack of any real quality in the designs lately doesn't help.

If they were to re-release the 1982 World Cup designs however............

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
looks f***ing terrible, I know i'm in a minority of 1 but I really liked the blue from the old kit, just was not a fan of the coloured 'stars' or whatever the f*** they were

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The more i look at it the more I like it. Better than the last pile of shit. It will do for the next 8 games anyway :D

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
why have they changed the badge????????

should look like this (without the embroider y obviously)
7010embfullimage.jpg

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
To those that thinks it's horrendous, what exactly would you prefer. Our traditional top is all white with maybe some red or blue trim. There isn't much you can do with that.

I'd like to see the Admiral 82 make a comeback personally. Flair!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i haven't bought an england shirt in yonks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here