Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The natural order is restored in north London.

Dandyman

In London village.
I really do hate both of those teams

Perfectly entitled to. Others of us either because of Albion/Spurs links (Bobby Smith/Joe Kinnear/Alan Mullery/Tank/Gus/Tano), family or other reasons do have an interest.

Dandyman

In London village.
So your 2nd team wins one game against your superior rivals and you start a thread, when was it you last one the league title oh yeah on your black & White tv you rented from tv & radio rentals in 1961

Yawn...In my lifetime Spurs have been the first British team to win European honours (CWC), won two UEFA cups, four FA Cups, four League Cups and for most of that period held a reputation for playing entertaining free flowing football. What is pleasing is to see a British player like Bale play not just winning football but football that you enjoy watching.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yawn...In my lifetime Spurs have been the first British team to win European honours (CWC), won two UEFA cups, four FA Cups, four League Cups and for most of that period held a reputation for playing entertaining free flowing football. What is pleasing is to see a British player like Bale play not just winning football but football that you enjoy watching.

Never underestimate Spurs' ability to f*** it up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Arsenal supporting journalists (debate with one on the radio right now), are absolutely certain that Kroenke and Gazaridis have made huge funds available to Wenger in the last 4 or 5 transfer windows.

Their huge audited cash at bank, shows it is there.

It's stubborness. In real terms, top money for Wiltord, Henry, Jeffers, Reyes, etc was paid in the first Wenger era.
Now he wants to prove that he doesn't need to spend like ManU or Spurs, and it will all come good with FFP.
In the mean time, the club with the huge shiny stadium and most expensive seat pricing in world football, is heading for a decade without silverware.

thats not wahts beed consistantly reported in London for the past few years. the club have maintained they must observe prudence in order to be ready for FFP. Usmanov has said many times he was ready to pump in tens of millions to pay for transfers and they politely decline. however, thats not to say there isnt stubborness on Wenger's part, he insists on player a certain way and in playing youth rather than buying in players, those he has brought in have been "cheap" bbut unsuitable (Mertesacker) while keeping players way past their best (Arshavin) or simply not good enough (Gervinho). it would be harsh if the club dump him now, he's shown the commitment and loyalty, but he must see some changes are needed as tactics and player requirements have changed in the last decade.

Dandyman

In London village.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
AVB is doing some job at Spurs, you wouldn't have thought they'd be in this position without VDV and Modric.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

And you only win the FA cup ending in 1 so that's 8 years till you might stand a chance of winning the FA cup again and the fairs cup doesn't exist anymore and teams like Swansea or Bradford win the league cup

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
And you only win the FA cup ending in 1 so that's 8 years till you might stand a chance of winning the FA cup again and the fairs cup doesn't exist anymore and teams like Swansea or Bradford win the league cup

LFC winning the FAC in 2001 and ManC in 2011 ended that boring fact, trotted out by Motson, desparate Spuds fans, and ChasNDave.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"We're Tottenham Hotspur and we beat the Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and we beat the Arsenal, in the Norff Landun Cup they woz only runners up, We're Tottenham Hotspur and we beat the Arsenal.....etc."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good having 2 teams.
During Spuds wilderness decades, you could always fall back on your local team.[/QUOTE

My team is BHA through good and bad times but I have an interest in Spurs as a 6 and 7 year old does with Man Utd now and Liverpool in the past. In 1950/51 Spurs were one of the top teams in ENGLAND and as a young lad I took an interest in them

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Good having 2 teams.
During Spuds wilderness decades, you could always fall back on your local team.[/QUOTE

My team is BHA through good and bad times but I have an interest in Spurs as a 6 and 7 year old does with Man Utd now and Liverpool in the past. In 1950/51 Spurs were one of the top teams in ENGLAND and as a young lad I took an interest in them

The plastic thing started before Sky's PL contract then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here