Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Most Famous Person You Have Met?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I did sit in Ian Dury's front room in Hammersmith and had a can of lager with him, incredible man..................but probably the highlight of my entire life was not that long ago, prior to the Blackpool game I met and shook hands with, probably the greatest man on this planet, a man who is truly an Inspiration, in all probabilitys the only time the word leg-end should be used, without doubt my hero :bowdown:

D

Deleted User X18H

I did sit in Ian Dury's front room in Hammersmith and had a can of lager with him, incredible man..................but probably the highlight of my entire life was not that long ago, prior to the Blackpool game I met and shook hands with, probably the greatest man on this planet, a man who is truly an Inspiration, in all probabilitys the only time the word leg-end should be used, without doubt my hero :bowdown:

Peter Suddaby?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Did meet the great Tommy Farr,boxing legend, (although I did'nt know it at the time) he lived in Hove in a flat above my Aunt,he had shoulders like the proverbial Brick S***house,shook hands with him,well managed to hold two of his fingers,I know I was a small lad but Jeez hands like a bunch of banana's.

Happy to have met this fellow, in the football scene;

images

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
'Met' is pushing it, but my most famous celebrity spot (which no-one believes) is seeing Dustin Hoffman - on a bus.

Lived in Fulham at the time and one Saturday morning got the bus up to Hammersmith to catch the tube. The bus was virtually empty - apart from Dustin Hoffman, sitting alone by the window. Of course I should have got his autograph or at least chatted to him but he looked like he didn't want to be disturbed.

Still didn't quite believe it, but I did a bit of research later and found out he was indeed in London at that time and also that he had a daughter who lived in Fulham, who he used to visit regularly. Not exactly total verification, but it was definitely him. Don't ask me why he was catching a bus though...

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
'Met' is pushing it, but my most famous celebrity spot (which no-one believes) is seeing Dustin Hoffman - on a bus.

Lived in Fulham at the time and one Saturday morning got the bus up to Hammersmith to catch the tube. The bus was virtually empty - apart from Dustin Hoffman, sitting alone by the window. Of course I should have got his autograph or at least chatted to him but he looked like he didn't want to be disturbed.

Still didn't quite believe it, but I did a bit of research later and found out he was indeed in London at that time and also that he had a daughter who lived in Fulham, who he used to visit regularly. Not exactly total verification, but it was definitely him. Don't ask me why he was catching a bus though...

similiar experience with robert plant,was catching a plane to gatwick from toulouse,over 10 years ago now and thought,f*** me that bloke is a dead ringer for robert plant

anyway,banging in the ticket as we went through to the plane,i noticed his name come up for a split second, R.Plant!

being a big led zep fan,went in hot pursuit for a photo or autograph,but i had my little'un with me and by the time i boarded the plane,i noticed him sitting in first class,reading a paper,just didn't seem right to disturb him,regret it now mind

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Grant Nicholas from Feeder. Sold over 1 million albums as part of the band and appeared on the Band Aid 20 single in 2004. He guestlisted me for the 2008 Feeder tour on every date, while also being a guest judge for the T4 TV series "MobileAct Unsigned". One of the acts on that show who supported Feeder auditioned, only to be told "you need to be three times better".

Still, I've also as well as Feeder, got photos with Craig Noone, Calderon, Bridcut, Lewis Dunk and Ashley Williams. My Albion book is also signed personally by 22 different staff and players.

A mate of mine has a photo with Dave Grohl, make me want to hate him!, although I enjoy listening to Feeder more!.

David Gilmour :love: & Nick Cave, they and their families were having Sunday roast together at the restaurant i worked at. Rock and Roll lunch!!!

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, Jeremy's car broke down whilst on a Top Gear Challenge (Porsche for less than £1500, they drove to Brighton) they all came into the pub where I worked pub for a cup of tea while waiting for the AA.

Glenn Hoddle, Mark Williams (the comedian), Ray 'Butch' Wilkins.

Does Leon Knight count? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here