tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I tried to report this on e-bay but dont know if the report was submitted as no message came up.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Was it El Presidente that bought the match-worn Paul McShane Palace shirt? I seem to remember that went to a poster on here for a lot of money!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Check out the other thread on this "match worn" shirt.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There is enormous variation in how blue comes out in photography, though. The pictures of the replica at the club website:

seventies.jpg

Look a lot lighter than they are in person.

And if you look at the banner on Seagulls TV - Relive the Glory Years of 1976-83 there is also enormous variation in how blue the 1980-83 shirts come across as too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apart from the colour of the shirt not being dark enough , there is also the factor of the number on the shirt , number 14 wouldn't have been used back then , as the matchday squad numbers were between 1 and 12 and why is there a number on the front ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Here is a picture from 1976-77 (a season before the Bukta kit we are discussing) of Peter Ward in training before the Derby match in the League Cup.

Notice the number 31!

Seems a bit random, but makes it more plausible that a shirt of that time had a number 14 on the front, even if it was for a pre-season friendly that allowed for more than one sub.

Attachments

• peterward.jpg
    peterward.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 450

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All the other shirts on the sellers site seem to have a provenance that the shirt was linked to a certain player whether or not it was worn in a match.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Fake or not, it's way over the odds!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fake or not, it's way over the odds!

It's fake. I've got one of the original shirts at home. I used to use it for "Games" lessons.

The colour is completely wrong and the texture of the material is dubious because a real one would scratch the nipples off a lactating elephant.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is enormous variation in how blue comes out in photography, though. The pictures of the replica at the club website:

seventies.jpg

Look a lot lighter than they are in person.

And if you look at the banner on Seagulls TV - Relive the Glory Years of 1976-83 there is also enormous variation in how blue the 1980-83 shirts come across as too.

Unfortunately the modern replicas look nothing at all like the originals.

I understand your point about old video tape, but as for modern digital photography I'd have to disagree.

I put a lot of down to the completely different materials they are using to create the "new" ones.

I'd imagine the original materials are banned due to health and safety laws regarding nipple chaffage.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's fake. I've got one of the original shirts at home. I used to use it for "Games" lessons.

The colour is completely wrong and the texture of the material is dubious because a real one would scratch the nipples off a lactating elephant.

I also have an original Bukta Albion top too. It's tiny!

I just wondered whether the kit the players wore was made out of a better material than the version sold to fans. I mean, did we really manage to win promotion to the top flight while playing in a tight-fitting, nipple-scraping shirt like that?!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I also have an original Bukta Albion top too. It's tiny!

I just wondered whether the kit the players wore was made out of a better material than the version sold to fans. I mean, did we really manage to win promotion to the top flight while playing in a tight-fitting, nipple-scraping shirt like that?!

The wierdest thing the club ever produced was the bowler hat for the cup final.

Have you ever seen one of those ?

Man United fans were all in special produced high quality cloth caps, whilst we turned up in this ill fitting blue bowler hats mad from polystyrene.

F*ck there were uncomfortable, but I'd love to see one again.

We've also got one of the original blue hands, that has unfortunately started to literally biodegrade.

Are you away of the "Seagulls" song that was released in the 70s, played by a one man band and sold in the club ship.

I used to have an MP3 of it, but lost it years ago.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why would someone faking a shirt go around sticking a number 14 on the front and on the back, when they've paid enough attention to detail to getting the notorious fade on the Bukta logo on the front?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The wierdest thing the club ever produced was the bowler hat for the cup final.

Have you ever seen one of those ?

Man United fans were all in special produced high quality cloth caps, whilst we turned up in this ill fitting blue bowler hats mad from polystyrene.

F*ck there were uncomfortable, but I'd love to see one again.

We've also got one of the original blue hands, that has unfortunately started to literally biodegrade.

Are you away of the "Seagulls" song that was released in the 70s, played by a one man band and sold in the club ship.

I used to have an MP3 of it, but lost it years ago.

I've seen some of the merchandise in the BBC build-up to the 1983 FA Cup Final, that dougdeep lent to me. But what I haven't seen is this.... I heard the Albion briefly sold 'Falklands Jackets' to cash in on victory in the Falklands war. Sounds weird now.

Oh yes, I have been sent the 'Seagulls' song by another NSC-er.

Here it is
http://www.seagulls.tv/sounds/seagulls.mp3

I don't know that much about it to be honest. Would love to find out more.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is that kept at the marina?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I was the previous owner of this shirt and sold my entire Albion collection on Ebay (Superphil got the rarest Chewit wrapper 90/91 Playoff Shirt). I said when I sold it the shirt COULD be player worn because of the embroidered badge but at the time I also knew squad numbers didn't exist then so assumed it had just been used perhaps for the reserves or training whatever.

It was small fitting as they were in the day and the material was the scratchy heavy stuff. Think I sold it for about 160 quid a couple of years back...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here