The most Dickensian-sounding footballers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nyron Nosworthy surely has to be a dealer in potions, or a tailor selling slightly moth-eaten suits, doesn't he?

Oooh, splendid! I fancy he might be an advocate of Mr Darwin's wild ideas about "evolution", and the possessor of a study containing a great many fine specimens of taxidermy.

Rohan Ince Esq. Purveyor of potions, some of which may work.

Jesse Lingard - Matriarch of the Lingard family.

Reverend Jonathan Crumplin - Bungling, dishevelled yet kindly parish priest.

Dean Wilkins - Reverend Crumplin's superior in the diocese, continually exasperated at his colleagues misguided efforts to do good.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see our kindly but perennially poor grocer Mr Jacob Butterfield got the winner for Middlesbrough at Burnley today.

Didn't think much of the French villain Dorian Dervite in Charlton's colours though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A lot of the summer signings under Russell Slade fit the bill.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A lot of the summer signings under Russell Slade fit the bill.

And perhaps Russell Slade himself. I see him as more the villainous sort, for some reason (only in the Dickensian sense).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The charming Sir Wesley Foderingham was much admired amongst the young ladies of Broadstairs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what about Andre Mariner , the one legged , syphillitic, hunch- backed , retired ,navy admiral who frequents the the ale houses down by the docks , frightening the wenches by exposing his patched eye socket and waving his stump after them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nathan Jones, a Mill owner who despite being abandoned as a child became the diminutive leader of a gang of ruffian street urchins in the city of Cardiff and managed to attain this lofty position using his wits and a bit of luck.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Joseph Barton a former villain and rogue, now the acceptable face of of an orphanage run by another small time criminal Harold Redknapp

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I had the good fortune to visit the estate of Sir Leicester Dedlock and admire his grounds. The orange trees and clumps of olive exerted a most Spanish influence, which he attributed to his landscape gardener, the eminent Inigo Calderon."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Since being mistreated by his former employers at Lillywhites, young shop attendant Master Lewis Holtby is now excelling himself at the Harrods emporium."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not been through the entire thread but if Royston Drenthe isn't an evil mill owner, I'll eat more gruel.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Timmy Sherwood, the little scamp, always getting into trouble with his silly pranks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports