Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The Mortgage Market 2022

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is really helpful - can't seem to PM you? Do you have an email address I could get in touch with you on?

Gareth's site is here: https://blueandwhitemortgages.co.uk/contact/

Just echoing what others have said - we used Gareth for a re-mortgage earlier this year and although there's a degree of luck about the timing of these things, the deal he got us will save us thousands of pounds over the length of the fixed rate term, and it was all handled smoothly and efficiently.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks again for the comments. My PM should be working but try my website

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Trade press today

The average interest rate paid on newly-drawn mortgages in July stood at the highest average rate since June 2016

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Gareth did a fab job for me back in April/May & found & fixed me onto a long term rate, ahead of our old fixed mortgage term finishing. We completed in July (after our old mortgage term had completed) on the rate from April, with interest rates rising twice during that time & having risen again since.

He chased & pushed for the mortgage to be competed & has meant we got a rate which means we can stay in our home. & have a very competitive rate (albeit sadly not available anymore). I can recommend highly

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gareth did a fab job for me back in April/May & found & fixed me onto a long term rate, ahead of our old fixed mortgage term finishing. We completed in July (after our old mortgage term had completed) on the rate from April, with interest rates rising twice during that time & having risen again since.

He chased & pushed for the mortgage to be competed & has meant we got a rate which means we can stay in our home. & have a very competitive rate (albeit sadly not available anymore). I can recommend highly

Thanks mothy and others, that is very kind of you

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A rumour of cuts or a holiday for Stamp Duty coming up

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If there is, when would it be liable from.
We are close to signing contracts on our move, would be still qualify if it comes in before we exchange contracts?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dreadful idea from the Truss-Kwarteng tryst.
It'll cause inflation.
To get more first-time buyers onto the market, which is what the T-K t stated goal is, two far better ideas are:
1, build more houses
2, regulate such that there is a more even distribution of ownership
Neither will happen under the T-K t

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I'm in the same boat as you so hopefully good news for us

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk
Similar position here too. I hope so, it doesn't get paid until completion does it so hopefully can benefit from whatever the announcement is

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It'll cause inflation.
To get more first-time buyers onto the market, which is what the T-K t stated goal is, two far better ideas are:
1, build more houses

Alternatively, 1st time buyers are priced out of the market cos house prices will go up, and the stinking rich that buy the massive, big houses, save even more money

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The mini budget is on Friday morning so we will know more then. It is more likely it will be a freeze or reduction from a certain start date and end date imo. It could cause unrest. I am not sure there is any need for it on a housing / property point of view but a nice potential saving for some

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It'll cause inflation.
1, build more houses

Most first time buyers will pay minimal Stamp Duty anyway, if any at all, so how is it meant to help them?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Interest rates expected to rise from 1.75% to 2.50% today which will have a big impact on anyone on a variable, discounted or tracker rate

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Interest rates expected to rise from 1.75% to 2.50% today which will have a big impact on anyone on a variable, discounted or tracker rate

Households coming to the end of sub 2% fixed deals over the coming months are going to be finding the best fixed rates are going to have over doubled. You must be dealing with a lot of panic at present Uncle S.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Rates 2.25%

It doesn't make much sense to me, how's that going to rein in inflation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here