[Albion] The "Moose"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Incidentally the moose asked Mr Potter can a team like Brighton win the cup and our Graham pulled him up on it

Then Andy Jacobs was just as derogatory

I like Talksport and I really like several of the presenters like Paul Hawksbee Charlie Baker Ally McCoist and I’ve taken to Simon Jordan but there’s just as many that I can’t stand like Jacobs Goldstein and Durham

I often listen to the Hawksbee & Jacobs podcast on my trips into London. I made the mistake of expecting Andy Jacobs to offer a little praise after the Chelsea draw, How wrong could I be, The bloke is worse than Tuchel with a completely entitled attitude, everything and everyone is against Chelsea apparently. To be fair, he's pretty much like that whichever team they play, but still..

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I've weened myself off Talksport like an Alcholic who walks proudly past the pub. Every now and again I have a relapse (The other night was when I was listening to a Ukrainian speaking in his native tongue which tipped me over the Times Radio edge) and I ran into Goldstein on TS. The man is an utter bell.

Ask him about anything, absolutely anything and within 45 seconds he will relate it to something, somewhere that Man Utd have done. Durham might have been the rentagob but at least he knows his lower league onions and watches teams outside the big 6. Goldstein couldn't find Peterborough on a map let alone name one of their players. WAFC.

Goldstein was officially dropped from Soccer AM by Sky who actually said his contract wasn’t renewed because the public don’t like him!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Really should have asked GP on his thoughts on the situation in Ukraine and how the club would deal with a game in their European campaign next season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The Moose is Friends with everyone and loves a free meal. I assume he was in his TS clobber?

I actually quite like Goldstein and thought his Podcast series with Ian Wright “We’re not playing snooker” was entertaining

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've weened myself off Talksport like an Alcholic who walks proudly past the pub. Every now and again I have a relapse (The other night was when I was listening to a Ukrainian speaking in his native tongue which tipped me over the Times Radio edge) and I ran into Goldstein on TS. The man is an utter bell.

Ask him about anything, absolutely anything and within 45 seconds he will relate it to something, somewhere that Man Utd have done. Durham might have been the rentagob but at least he knows his lower league onions and watches teams outside the big 6. Goldstein couldn't find Peterborough on a map let alone name one of their players. WAFC.

Same here, can’t believe the amount of time I listened to TS and all their ads, when there were R6 and R4 alternatives.

Even transfer deadline day was just inane noise, I gave it a go for the ‘special’ day.

But I particularly despise Durham’s show. He tediously takes the contrarian view, in a cringeworthy attempt to be an American style shock jock. He’s rubbish at, not a natural, LBC and TalkRadio do it a 100x better. Probably a nice bloke away from TS, as he chases the ££££££.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I used to like a small part of it.

Parry was fun, Hawksbee adds a little class.

Goldstein, Jacobs and Irani were nauseatingly obnoxious.

Still enjoy the 10 years or so of Clips of the Week I have.

What do you think of Supertramp?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Don't get all the fuss over H&J, think it's one of the most boring shows they've got. The only show worth listening to now is White and Jordan, and I'll only listen to it for around an hour a week. The ads drive me insane, more then 20 mins of ads in an hour.

Laura Woods is good, they seem scared to dump Brazil

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Same here, can’t believe the amount of time I listened to TS and all their ads, when there were R6 and R4 alternatives.

Even transfer deadline day was just inane noise, I gave it a go for the ‘special’ day.

But I particularly despise Durham’s show. He tediously takes the contrarian view, in a cringeworthy attempt to be an American style shock jock. He’s rubbish at, not a natural, LBC and TalkRadio do it a 100x better. Probably a nice bloke away from TS, as he chases the ££££££.

I can find a reason not to listen to any radio station to be honest.

I find Radio 6 a bit 'Jazz club'
I'm sick of listening to 'Mulder and Scully on Absolute Radio
I never last more than 30 seconds of LBC or Talk Radio without violent thoughts
The wife has Radio 1 on. Jesus Christ No.
Chris Evans on Virgin needs to keep his trap shut
The music on Radio 2 makes me feel like I should be in a retirement home.
Radio 4 feels like one long shipping forecast

I like Heart Dance on a Friday night. I can't complain about that. For now at any rate. Give it a month.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Moose is a self-created character and I understand that he’s not everyone’s idea of a journalist, but he is one of the hardest-working people in the business (and he’s a nice guy as well). There are plenty of broadsheet posers who think they’re too important to report on anyone outside the top six and spend half their lives slagging off tabloid writers (most of whom could do their jobs standing in their heads). Moose is friendly to everyone and you’re as likely to see him at Wycombe or Orient as Chelsea or Arsenal.

As for talkSPORT in general, I don’t mind Andy Jacobs at all. It’s part of his schtick to be a curmudgeon but he did call for Emma Hayes to replace Sarri as Chelsea head coach, which I thought was brave. Paul Hawksbee is a class act, a very talented broadcaster. Simon Jordan is an interesting listen but i’ll never forgive him for serving up the previous home game’s stale sandwiches in the Palace press room. Not even Moose would have touched them!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Edit, might be harsh. Toned down.

He enjoys asking the more obscure questions, labours his points, often has to explain his questioning and tries to get a rise out of GP, ...or at least a quote which can be spun out of context on talkshite.

He has been doing this for years.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't get all the fuss over H&J, think it's one of the most boring shows they've got. The only show worth listening to now is White and Jordan, and I'll only listen to it for around an hour a week. The ads drive me insane, more then 20 mins of ads in an hour.

Laura Woods is good, they seem scared to dump Brazil

I like H&J because they very often cover sports other than football – or, more specifically, the PL!

Jacobs is a miserable old man, but that's his 'act'. I don't mind him and you know what you're going to get. He's constantly got his Chelsea glasses on and very rarely sees beyond how his team have performed ( I have, however heard him praise us before) – just like on here, with a bad Albion performance, you don't get people praising the opposition, it's all about how shite the Seagulls did.

Max Rushden (and co-hosts) is a decent listen at the weekends; Durham has grown on me, although I'm not a fan of the ex-footballers and their input. The rest of them? Meh.

Can't stand Jim Shite. Awful, awful presenter.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I stopped listening to TS when Tommy Boyd and the Human Zoo was cancelled

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I like H&J because they very often cover sports other than football – or, more specifically, the PL!

Jacobs is a miserable old man, but that's his 'act'. I don't mind him and you know what you're going to get. He's constantly got his Chelsea glasses on and very rarely sees beyond how his team have performed ( I have, however heard him praise us before) – just like on here, with a bad Albion performance, you don't get people praising the opposition, it's all about how shite the Seagulls did.

Max Rushden (and co-hosts) is a decent listen at the weekends; Durham has grown on me, although I'm not a fan of the ex-footballers and their input. The rest of them? Meh.

Can't stand Jim Shite. Awful, awful presenter.

Jim White is a MASSIVE improvement on former host Colin Murray. His ratings have gone through the roof and he tackles the key football issues of the day with a contact list second to none.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I like Heart Dance on a Friday night. I can't complain about that. For now at any rate. Give it a month.

I go through phases, but imho Nicky Campbell on R5 is consistently brilliant. Empathetic, he simply listens and gently referees.

I have be careful in minimising LBC and R5’s Naga Munchetty …. wall to wall bad news, little happiness in the UK and world eg talking up a China vs Taiwan apocalypse for years. Not good for wellbeing.

Currently loving R4. Brilliantly objective progs, politicians don’t dominate - You & Yours, Just One Thing, Evan Davies at 5pm.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Love the Moose, he's a hugely popular member of the football family.

I am not familiar with "The Moose" as i don't listen to talksport, so it's lucky there's this quote , by this poster, which lets tells me everything about the presenter I need know

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I only found out recently that H&J were responsible for The Fantasy League Show hosted by Baddiel and Skinner back in the 90s.

I still remember the episode when they had to deal with a very drunk Brigitte Nielsen

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Forget Heart Dance, Heart FM is your friend. Some great disc jockeys on there and a fantastic mix of modern and old classics. TURN UP THE FEEL GOOD.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jim White is a MASSIVE improvement on former host Colin Murray. His ratings have gone through the roof and he tackles the key football issues of the day with a contact list second to none.

No. Just no.

To ALL of that: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports