Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The minutes applause for Muamba ...... Why ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
1) He's alive
2) The soldier who lead the team on to the pitch kinda had his moment taken away (i thought).
3) Do we now do a minutes applause for all footballers that suffer the same thing ? God forbid he'd actually died !

Im not saying our thoughts shouldnt be with him but get a grip people (i even saw 2 young lads with with a home made t-shirt on with the words 'pray for Muamba') :rolleyes:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
1) He's alive
2) The soldier who lead the team on to the pitch kinda had his moment taken away (i thought).
3) Do we now do a minutes applause for all footballers that suffer the same thing ? God forbid he'd actually died !

Im not saying our thoughts shouldnt be with him but get a grip people (i even saw 2 young lads with with a home made t-shirt on with the words 'pray for Muamba') :rolleyes:

sort it out you prick!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it was more to do with football fans united everywhere with what happened and perhaps showing some support.

Better than some Derby fans and what they recently chanted about the deceased Forest chairman.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
1) He's alive

Yeah, you're right. f*** him eh! Who gives a shit*

*sarcasm just in case you missed it.

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
I don't think the injured soldier had his moment taken away, he was applauded all the way out the tunnel and while in the tunnel, the minutes applaud's was just before the handshakes

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i am well chuffed the club got the solider to lead out the teams, one of the highlights of a very enjoyable night and I am also glad the club looked after his family as well. Hats off to the chap

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I must admit I saw the pray for Muamba T-shirts and thought it was lame. We all want him to make a full recovery but feel that some want to jump on the bandwagon of false emotion driven by our national press. A quick statement that we wish him a speedy recovery followed by a round of applause (maybe not a minute) would have been more appropriate, especially seeing the guy is concious and talking.

Dec 29, 2011
I must admit I saw the pray for Muamba T-shirts and thought it was lame. We all want him to make a full recovery but feel that some want to jump on the bandwagon of false emotion driven by our national press. A quick statement that we wish him a speedy recovery followed by a round of applause (maybe not a minute) would have been more appropriate, especially seeing the guy is concious and talking.

Agree with this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't actually organised because once it was announced that we wished him all the best for his recovery, people started clapping spontaneously. It was then announced that we would have a moment's applause (not a minute organised by a referee's whistle) and that seemed to peter out naturally.
I thought both the appreciation for the serviceman, and the applause for Muamba were well balanced and well done tonight. There was nothing mawkish about either.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
(i even saw 2 young lads with with a home made t-shirt on with the words 'pray for Muamba') :rolleyes:

If they were the 2 in WSU block C, they were right in front of me.
I was praying that the cameramen didn't spot them during the Fan Zone.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

so how long? 30 secs? have seen a couple of workmates die at work. and it's not nice...

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

Spot on

10 people under 30 die of of a heart attack every week in the UK. They are generally not lucky enough to be surrounded by high class medical professionals at the time.

Yes, its bad for him, but having to watch everyone trying to be more concerned, hurt, blah blah than the next person every time a celebrity of some sorts is ill or dead, seems unfortunately to be the norm now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here