Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The March my story

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Well ten to five and I'm sent to the Kings Road Arches, never mind sure I'll see the march I think ! busy buy busy can just hear a roar and I'm off up the stairs to see blue and white evreywhere "marvelous scenes". Now I'm working with a Gooner and all I get is Arsenal this arsenal that, but just then he turns and says "you must be pround to be a stripe" now as you can imagin I get called all sorts but yes I was indeed proud.
Just then this American lady approaches me with the normal ask a Policeman approach "IS THIS REALLY ALL FOR JUST A SOCCER STADIUM ?" its not just any stadium and I am in full flow, then her, hubby and 2 kids are gone into the crowd with"We want Falmer" on there voice....great.
Anyway back to work and I meet a number of niffed press so "why so glum guys?" ....."NO NORMAN" comes the chourus with the new album out they were all and I mean ALL under instructions to get Norman in as many pics/film as possiable.(never mind )
Just to finish as I return with the march still in progress I bump into MR Vass now I know he has nothing to do with anything but hey he is still an MP so off I go again but he aint listening never mind I tried.
Hope you all stayed safe and for those who saw me and I ignored sorry but I was working....!
PIGIN STRIPES

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just out of interest, do they video the Countryside Alliance marchers as well? Or the Trade Justice types etc?

Or is it just a football thing? Curious, that's all!

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Any large event is given a cat. number based on lots of things but basically is there a chance of trouble, well thatas any large gathering and then the EGT (videos) are deployed, so this includes Football, party in the Park, Pride and yes the 2 above.
Wot a day yesterday, very busy but still managed to get a leaflet at last to 2 jags. So far I have given leaflets to:
T.B., Straw, Vass, and JP.
My last duty today so will try to go in style still got a number of flyers. :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Top job on the leafletting front, Pigin ! :clap2:

Anti-war protestors today - they should be a peaceful bunch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here