Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Magic of the FA Cup…

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Crap draw that's us out then.

Why? Did you just watch them against Morcambe. 3-1 was veeeeery flattering. Its an absolute free hit for us.

If drawing Spurs mean we're definitely out then we may as well not bother at all.

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
Hopefully we will go full strength it helps us that the Chelsea home match has been brought forward so no midweek match for us after this cup tie

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why? Did you just watch them against Morcambe. 3-1 was veeeeery flattering. Its an absolute free hit for us.

If drawing Spurs mean we're definitely out then we may as well not bother at all.

Spurs away when they're out of Europe? They'll take the game seriously vs us and play their full strength team as it's their only chance of silverware this season - they were poor vs Morecambe until they brought their big hitters on, then won with a bit in hand. It's one of the worst draws possible imo, obviously we could still beat them but would give us a 5-10% chance at best.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spurs away when they're out of Europe? They'll take the game seriously vs us and play their full strength team as it's their only chance of silverware this season - they were poor vs Morecambe until they brought their big hitters on, then won with a bit in hand. It's one of the worst draws possible imo, obviously we could still beat them but would give us a 5-10% chance at best.

10 or 20/1 ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Have you watched them play recently ?

Certainly be the favourites but a 5-10% chance is a bit negative.

Struggled recently against Watford/Palace and outside Kane and Son look bang average most games.

For me it depends which Brighton side turns up… if it’s the one that played against Chelsea I’d say we have a fair chance … if it’s the performance level of Wolves then we might struggle.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There must also be a good chance that it's chosen as the Friday night game on 4th Feb.
That would be as much of a ball ache as making it Monday night.

My preference would be Saturday lunchtime or the early (2pm) Sunday afternoon game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Have you watched them play recently ?

Certainly be the favourites but a 5-10% chance is a bit negative.

Struggled recently against Watford/Palace and outside Kane and Son look bang average most games.

For me it depends which Brighton side turns up… if it’s the one that played against Chelsea I’d say we have a fair chance … if it’s the performance level of Wolves then we might struggle.

They're not brilliant by any means, at the Amex I might fancy they'd not be up for it, but can't see us winning against them in 90 mins away - best chance taking them to ET and/or pens. We'll see but don't think anyone can argue it's a pretty horrendous draw at this stage of the comp, even if you are an optimist!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There must also be a good chance that it's chosen as the Friday night game on 4th Feb.
That would be as much of a ball ache as making it Monday night.

My preference would be Saturday lunchtime or the early (2pm) Sunday afternoon game.

Can the tie be played on the Monday night, given there is a full PL round of mid week games (other than our game v Chelsea which has been moved due to the World Club Championship

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Well I’ll be hoping Spurs can turn their 0-2 deficit vs Chelsea around this week so they have a final to look forward to.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How times change, Spurs away now considered a shyte draw in the 4th round of the FA Cup !

Whatever night or day it's on we'll take up the full allocation and fill it, it's a perfect draw for those without the 3 zillion points required for a London EPL awayday.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
They're not brilliant by any means, at the Amex I might fancy they'd not be up for it, but can't see us winning against them in 90 mins away - best chance taking them to ET and/or pens. We'll see but don't think anyone can argue it's a pretty horrendous draw at this stage of the comp, even if you are an optimist!

Fully agree it’s a terrible draw.

Just don’t think beating them is a remote possibility …. We play our best football against the top sides in this league and have every chance of getting a result.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
How times change, Spurs away now considered a shyte draw in the 4th round of the FA Cup !

Whatever night or day it's on we'll take up the full allocation and fill it, it's a perfect draw for those without the 3 zillion points required for a London EPL awayday.

Not for me. I think it's a great draw. I like going to the Spurs stadium, if it's not Friday or Monday night we'll make a day if it. And I think we have a good chance as I think we'll be more up for it, they'll probably contract a nasty case of "doyouknowwhoweare?itis". And they're not that great, really, are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here