Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Locadia must start because he cost a zillion pounds" merchants

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Remember how our previous record signing, Jose Izquierdo, was brought into the team gradually, not just thrown in to replace March and Knockeart, who were playing well?
As is often pointed out, Hughton does appear to know what he's doing.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
It’s about building for the future isn’t it? What I got from today was a sense that the Squad is a team whether you’re on the pitch or the bench. Murray’s not getting any younger. Locadia knows his time will come. We’ve already seen this with Bruno and Schletto. If you get the chance through injury and he thinks you’re now the better the option you’ll stayi in the team. Murray was superb today and I’m sure his competive spirit knowing he’s got two really good strikers sitting on the bench contributed to that. It’s looking very promising for next season if we stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Did Hughton get it right by starting one of the Premier League in-form strikers ahead of a bloke who has been out for 2 months, having only had a run-out against a mid-table League Two side?

I'm sure Locadia's time as our first choice striker will come sooner or later but whilst Murray is in such imperious form he starts, and the fact that Locadia is our record signing is absolutely irrelevant.

Agree, but we had an earnest, if awkward conversation in the concourse after the game about if Murray has some questions to answer. He has clearly been putting in a much greater shift these past few games. Come on statto type persons, lets get some average stats, pre and post transfer window for Murray. Would be interesting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here