Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The loan window

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
With the loan window opening on the 8th of Feb, do you think that we will bring in a couple of players. Although the squad has undoubtedly improved in quality, we are still very short on numbers with Loft and Robinson going.We still need at least one more central midfielder.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hope that we don't unless injury requires us to. I think that if we are going to push up the table we need some continuity in team selection, something which, for various reasons, has been sadly lacking this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With the loan window opening on the 8th of Feb, do you think that we will bring in a couple of players. Although the squad has undoubtedly improved in quality, we are still very short on numbers with Loft and Robinson going.We still need at least one more central midfielder.

GK; Sully, Coopers, Crichton

R full back; Whing, El Abd, Virgo

L full back; McNulty, Mayo, Livermore, Whing

CB; Elphick, Hinshelwood, Virgo, El Abd, Hawkins, Whing

RM; Birchall, Carole, Cox, Fraser, [Virgo :jester: ]

LM; Cox, McLoed, Carole, Livermore

CM; Jarrett, Livermore, Birchall, El Abd, Fraser, Virgo

CF; Forster, Murray, Andrew, Davies

Not that I wouldn't welcome any quality players, but where are we 'short on numbers'?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
GK; Sully, Coopers, Crichton

R full back; Whing, El Abd, Virgo

L full back; McNulty, Mayo, Livermore, Whing

CB; Elphick, Hinshelwood, Virgo, El Abd, Hawkins, Whing

RM; Birchall, Carole, Cox, Fraser, [Virgo :jester: ]

LM; Cox, McLoed, Carole, Livermore

CM; Jarrett, Livermore, Birchall, El Abd, Fraser, Virgo

CF; Forster, Murray, Andrew, Davies

Not that I wouldn't welcome any quality players, but where are we 'short on numbers'?

Indeed. Possibly another first choice left midfielder? Carole should probably stick on the right and Cox hasn't really looked great. Thats being very picky though. Other than that we seem to have a decent enough side.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
1 more central midfielder would be fine.Even Adams was trying to improve this area.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
either Eustace or Kilkenny are likely to come in if we can get them - if not then someone with similar attributes/experience

I suspect Fraser will go out on loan

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Is there some sort of rule where if you loan a player, you can still SIGN them as a permanent signing during the season (i.e. not in transfer window)

I think so, but it cannot be officially signed off by the football league until the transfer window re-opens. If a player was on loan, the loan period could be extended until the end of the season and then the transfer would go through at the beginning of the summer window.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Argus says that MA intends more activity in Loan window to keep players on their toes.

I would have thought Kilkenny of Eustace as they were targetd and now may need a week or so to be encouraged a little more ( similar to Mcnulty)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If we do get loan players in, I hope we get ones that may become permanent signings in the summer. The squad we currently have should be good enough to keep us up and we are not going to get promoted so we need to get a settled team and be ready for the start of next season. Bringing in loads of loans who we are not going to sign will just unsettle the team and be a waste of money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Argus says that MA intends more activity in Loan window to keep players on their toes.

I would have thought Kilkenny of Eustace as they were targetd and now may need a week or so to be encouraged a little more ( similar to Mcnulty)

No news in The papers or any rumours of players coming on loan to us. Anybody training with us?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
imo short term loan signings were one of the problems earlier in the season. We have a strong squad now and hopefully will get some continuity in the side.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
if you were kilkenny would you sign for us or oldham? considering he must live in the leeds area, oldham are pushing for the play offs and we're struggling against relegation i know where i'd go!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If my contract was up at the end of this season I would look at the bigger picture and ask myself which club is likely to give me a contract for 2 years in the summer. A team at the top of the division or even possibly promoted or a team that is making up a squad to challenge for the top of the division.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Kilkenny was definitely in Brighton talking to Micky etc end of last week so must be at least a possibility. Personally I would prefer Eustace though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here