Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm very jealous of anyone going. Sounds like they are reverting to being the rock band that made their reputation in the first place - including playing some early tracks that are awesome live.like Muscle Museum, Fury and The Groove.

Come and play the Amex - you know it makes sense Muse!

Last nights setlist....

Psycho
The Groove (First time played live since 2004)
Bliss
Dead Star
Time Is Running Out
Hysteria (w/ Interlude intro)
Stockholm Syndrome (w/ Micro Cuts outro)
Hyper Music
Starlight (w/ Burning Bridges outro)
SMBH
Uprising
Reapers
[Encore]
Fury
Plug In Baby
Knights of Cydonia (w/ Man With A Harmonica intro)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to see Lonely The Brave at Sticky Mikes saturday and they were fantastic. Even stuck at the back of the room with a miniscule view of the stage it was a terrific night.

Lucky enough to be off to Muse this evening absolutely cannot wait for that.

Also for any fans of progressive metal, Xerath are playing the Albert on wednesday in what should be an absolute crackerjack of a show.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Saw Sleater-Kinney in what must be the smallest venue they play on this tour in Paris. Held less than 1000 and it wasn't even sold out. Brilliant show, 2 encores, I'd consider paying the secondary market prices to see them again.

I concur. What. A. Band. Splendid.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Nick Mulvey O2 in Bristol tomorrow.......soft acoustic stuff, but should be a nice midweek distraction.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Abi Wade is brilliant.
Just announced that Unknown Mortal Orchestra are playing Concorde 2 on 22nd September.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Absolutely awesome concert last night

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 120

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Swings & roundabouts indeed: I was going to grizzle about the 3 extra songs you got before recalling the 8+ minutes of Let's Call It Love... The comeback live album seems too big a cliche for this lot but I'm a buyer...

Carrie informed us that we were the only show on tour that had got a 2nd encore. Parisian audiences are normally famed for their aloofness - this lot absolutely went for it.

Genuinely great show, hope they stop off at Glastonbury.

AKDK and a host of Icelandic talent at Green Door this evening - http://www.songkick.com/concerts/23...ore?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=microformat

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Loved AK/DK last night, but a frustratingly short set. Could have done with more of them and less of the Icelandic knob-twiddlers.

I enjoyed the knob twiddling last night but I take your point. The supports and stage times were 100% the work of the headliners last night.

There's some interesting talk at the moment that could result in you seeing a lot more of AKDK, fingers crossed it comes off.

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
Great Escape lineup complete - now with added Cribs, Blanck Mass and Jane Weaver./QUOTE]

At last the fab Jane Weaver comes to Brighton!

Bit surprised to see the Strypes on that list. I guess it confirms what Julien Temple's BBC4 documentary suggested the other week, that they haven't quite taken off as expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here