Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
What are you doing from Wednesday to Friday?

Bloody part timer.

If suitably inspired by the Tuesday, I'd fully expect him to be busy cycling from Berlin to Amsterdam.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If suitably inspired by the Tuesday, I'd fully expect him to be busy cycling from Berlin to Amsterdam.

:smile: on the subject of Amsterdam am I correct in thinking you like in the Nederlands? And as a regular contributor to the craft thread can you recommend any suitable bars in the Dutch capital?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
:smile: on the subject of Amsterdam am I correct in thinking you like in the Nederlands? And as a regular contributor to the craft thread can you recommend any suitable bars in the Dutch capital?

PM sent.

In summary, so as not to pollute a music thread with too much beer: In De Wildeman, Beer Temple, Arendsnest, Hoppy Days, Delirium Amsterdam, Gollem 1, 2, 3 or 4, De Prael Proeflokaal, De Spuyt.

Then see my signature... :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PM sent.

In summary, so as not to pollute a music thread with too much beer: In De Wildeman, Beer Temple, Arendsnest, Hoppy Days, Delirium Amsterdam, Gollem 1, 2, 3 or 4, De Prael Proeflokaal, De Spuyt.

Then see my signature... :thumbsup:

A big big thank you! I will report back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Royal Blood was excellent last night and 2000 Berlin kids were going nuts for them. I was a bit drunk and my enthusiasm got the better of me so there were a few Seagulls chants. The drummer seemed to acknowledge them as well.

It's really nice to see a home-town band breaking big. If they are able to knock out a 2nd album as good as this one they will go huge.

Mini Mansions, the support, were good; will check them out. They kind of channel Beatles, ELO, quirky power pop XTC....that's what I was getting anyway.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Can't decide whether it's worth £40 to see Prodigy on their May tour. Tempted to do the London Saturday night gig, but then Brighton Centre, as rubbish as it is, will be smaller on the Tuesday. New track is the same old punk-uncle-trying-to-be-cool cringefare that was tired on Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned (reminds me a bit of Jez and SuperHans referencing them in Peep Show). But they are essentially mega, obviously.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Can't decide whether it's worth £40 to see Prodigy on their May tour. Tempted to do the London Saturday night gig, but then Brighton Centre, as rubbish as it is, will be smaller on the Tuesday. New track is the same old punk-uncle-trying-to-be-cool cringefare that was tired on Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned (reminds me a bit of Jez and SuperHans referencing them in Peep Show). But they are essentially mega, obviously.

If it were a choice between Brixton Academy or Brighton Centre, I'd go for Brixton but seeing as it's Alexandra Palace I'd save my money and go to the Centre.

Interested to hear what the Sleaford Mods collaboration on the new record sounds like.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone rememeber The Julie Ruin (Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and Le Tigre's new outfit) cancelling a date in Brighton last year due to Hanna's ongoing battle with the complications of late stage lyme's disease?

Well they are playing London in May (possible in Europe for Primavera?). Desperately hoping for a Brighton reschedule. Never caught a Hanna project in the flesh before.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Also - Festivals. Who's doing what? I've bitten the bullet and am going to Glastonbury this year.

Colour Out of Space has been moved to April - http://www.colouroutofspace.org/

Definately doing THe Great Escape.

Would like to do Raw Power - http://babayagashut.com/raw-power-festival

Supersonic is back this year, loved it the year I went - http://www.supersonicfestival.com/

Would like to sneak Bestival in if possible

One Inch Badge said they are doing "Dimensions Festival" this November in the bumpf for Drill.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone rememeber The Julie Ruin (Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill and Le Tigre's new outfit) cancelling a date in Brighton last year due to Hanna's ongoing battle with the complications of late stage lyme's disease?

Well they are playing London in May (possible in Europe for Primavera?). Desperately hoping for a Brighton reschedule. Never caught a Hanna project in the flesh before.

I saw Le Tigre at the Concorde a number of years ago. They were great fun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also - Festivals. Who's doing what? I've bitten the bullet and am going to Glastonbury this year.

Colour Out of Space has been moved to April - http://www.colouroutofspace.org/

Definately doing THe Great Escape.

Would like to do Raw Power - http://babayagashut.com/raw-power-festival

Supersonic is back this year, loved it the year I went - http://www.supersonicfestival.com/

Would like to sneak Bestival in if possible

One Inch Badge said they are doing "Dimensions Festival" this November in the bumpf for Drill.

Melt! in July, plus the Berlin Festival at their new Arena location (and new time in the year).

Berlin Festival has down-sized in venue and their Templehof slot is going to be taken by Berlin Lollapalooza.... if the line-up is any cop I'll go to this as well.

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
Hello boys and girls, can I come and play?

Have been reading NSC for ages and particularly the music threads. Since I've clearly been standing next to more than one of you at a bunch of gigs in Brighton, it's begun to feel a bit like stalking, so I thought it was time to introduce myself.

So far this year I'm booked in for JAMC, Underworld and Sleaford Mods, plus Great Escape. Oh, and the intriguing Richard Dawson at West Hill Hall. And looking at a few things like White Fence and Nisennenmondai. But I was particularly wondering whether any fellow Kraftwerk aficionados were going along to this:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/news/events/indindustrielle-volksmusik-for-the-twenty-first-centuryustrielle-volksmusik-for-the-twenty-first-century/

(Apologies if link doesn't work!)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If it were a choice between Brixton Academy or Brighton Centre, I'd go for Brixton but seeing as it's Alexandra Palace I'd save my money and go to the Centre.

Interested to hear what the Sleaford Mods collaboration on the new record sounds like.

Would not suprise me if Sleaford Mods ended up being support for the tour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Have been reading NSC for ages and particularly the music threads. Since I've clearly been standing next to more than one of you at a bunch of gigs in Brighton, it's begun to feel a bit like stalking, so I thought it was time to introduce myself.

So far this year I'm booked in for JAMC, Underworld and Sleaford Mods, plus Great Escape. Oh, and the intriguing Richard Dawson at West Hill Hall. And looking at a few things like White Fence and Nisennenmondai. But I was particularly wondering whether any fellow Kraftwerk aficionados were going along to this:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/lss/news/events/indindustrielle-volksmusik-for-the-twenty-first-centuryustrielle-volksmusik-for-the-twenty-first-century/

Welcome! I'm not going to the Kraftwerk event but I went to a similar thing in London a few years ago which was based on the band Laibach. Was rather interesting especially the interview with one of the founders.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Birmingham on a Wednesday or Thursday in January cannot be done, unfortunately.

I'll see you at JAMC, Sleaford Mods and White Fence!

You haven't got a ticket for Benjamin Booker that you don't need, have you? :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No Kraftwerk tonight; no returned tickets. Booooooo

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Two festivals so far 2015- Great Escape and Edge Of The Sea. Managed Bits of Drill last year so hope for more of the same from One Inch Badge in November.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Greetings. Going to Sleaford Mods (intrigued to see them), but not interested in the conference -- are you presenting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here