Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is Michael Gyra curating that? He's curating a similar Swans/Wire/Savages triple bill in Utrecht at the end of November (which sadly I shall miss as I have other commitments).

Le Guess Who isn't it? The bill for this is some way off the quality of that. It promised a 24 hour dronefest.

I don't think he's curating it. There's a number of bands on the bill that have One Inch Badge (local promoters) written all over them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Next Friday, we're going to see Fire Orchestra! at the Barbican's off-shoot venue in Hackney. Not looked forward to a gig as much as this one for quite some time.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Next Friday, we're going to see Fire Orchestra! at the Barbican's off-shoot venue in Hackney. Not looked forward to a gig as much as this one for quite some time.

I wish but I blew my spare cash seeing Carter Tutti Void at Hackney Oslo. Don't regret it, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. That and Kate Bush in the space of the week, I've been a very, very lucky boy.

Be very interested to know how it goes.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This should probably be on a film thread but managed to see The documentary 20,000 Days yesterday. Really enjoyable insight into Nick Cave- a mix between docummentary and drama which recorded a day back in 2013 when the band were recording their last album. There was a bit of footage which I think was from the 'secret' gig they did at The King Alfred as it shows a very small venue and cant think where else it would be? Good fun spotting the odd bit of Brighton and Rottingdean at various points and Warren Ellis comes across as such an interesting musician. A pointless q and a was beemed back to the cinema afterwards but this was interspersed with the odd Cave song played live which made up for it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This should probably be on a film thread but managed to see The documentary 20,000 Days yesterday. Really enjoyable insight into Nick Cave- a mix between docummentary and drama which recorded a day back in 2013 when the band were recording their last album. There was a bit of footage which I think was from the 'secret' gig they did at The King Alfred as it shows a very small venue and cant think where else it would be? Good fun spotting the odd bit of Brighton and Rottingdean at various points and Warren Ellis comes across as such an interesting musician. A pointless q and a was beemed back to the cinema afterwards but this was interspersed with the odd Cave song played live which made up for it.

I'm going tonight.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They were promoting their new, possibly first, single.

(Slum of Legs) Which by the way is excellent, especially the B-Side. Love the way the violin and keys interact. I'm predicting big things for this lot. Given that this single is not having a repress I reckon it's a very wise purchase for £4. Whilst she might not be the greatest singer in the history of recorded music Tamsin is the perfect front for the band.

http://riotsnotdiets.bandcamp.com/album/begin-to-dissolve

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you enlighten me on the Schnauss?
My partner and I have got super early bird tickets, but we'll only be able to go out together for one or two nights, so we'll be in negotiating stage for which night to miss out on.

Sure. He's been around for about 10 years and is a German electronic keyboard based chap dealing in simple dreamy shoe-gazey electronica soundscapes. I've seen him twice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's my list
Avi Buffalo
Gruff Rhys
War on Drugs
Moz
Mötorhead
Black Keys
Kraftwerk
White Fence

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Here's my list
Avi Buffalo
Gruff Rhys
War on Drugs
Moz
Mötorhead
Black Keys
Kraftwerk
White Fence

List for what? Forthcoming gigs?
I suspect it might not go down too well on here, but I'd be interested to know your view of the Black Keys. I think Turn Blue is a real grower, and still have vivid memories of seeing them at the Pressure Point in about 2004.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
List for what? Forthcoming gigs?
I suspect it might not go down too well on here, but I'd be interested to know your view of the Black Keys. I think Turn Blue is a real grower, and still have vivid memories of seeing them at the Pressure Point in about 2004.

Yes. Forthcoming gigs.

I am very new to Black Keys. I read an interview related to their current album, found them interesting, and noted their turn around in commercial success coincided with DangerMouse getting involved. I have a lot of time for him. I went and bought El Camino off the back of this and really liked it. It's very commercial and very different-rock styles-by-numbers but it puts a skip in my step. I've yet to buy anything else but they have an interesting looking, and varied, back catalogue I want to explore.

I noticed they're doing a show here on a Friday, close to where I work, and over the road from my favourite beer and food joint. No brainer really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here