Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Coming up to ten months since last watching a live band.
It was Girl Ray at Chalk in February.
Made me wonder what other people’s last proper gig was and which are you most upset about being cancelled or moved. For me it’s Mogwai at the Roundhouse which was due to take place on my birthday early 2021.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Teleman playing at C2 in March. Socially distanced at tables of 4 or 6

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A steady trickle of new dates being announced. On top of everything that has been rescheduled I have tickets for Metz, Pom Poko and Dry Cleaning. Going to be a busy Autumn by the looks of it- fingers crossed.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Some awaiting to be rescheduled but am hoping to get to some or all of the following-
Gnod
Metz
Snapped ankles
Big brave
Hey colossus
Melt yourself down
Bo Ningen
Porridge Radio
Shonen Knife

Next year,
Oh Sees
Swans

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Some awaiting to be rescheduled but am hoping to get to some or all of the following-
Gnod
Metz
Snapped ankles
Big brave
Hey colossus
Melt yourself down
Bo Ningen
Porridge Radio
Shonen Knife

Next year,
Oh Sees
Swans

Thanks for this. We have tickets for:
Love Supreme, Laura Marling, Black Country New Road, Michael Kiwanuka and (I think) Oh Sees
Of those, may well try GNOD, Metz, Melt Yourself Down and Porridge Radio. Also Dry Cleaning -- on which, there's a 23 minute set on iPlayer

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Went to my first live gig in 16 months yesterday. Watched Brighton band Squid in an outside disused warehouse in London. It was awesome after so long! It almost felt normal (had to stay seated but that’s it). About 200 capacity I’d guess. The weather obviously helped a lot as well.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Looking forward to the weekend.

I've got hot new(ish) London/ Brighton things Squid playing GDS on Friday night. Have a listen to their EP from last year it covers a lot of bases - ambient, krautrock, psych-rock - https://squiduk.bandcamp.com/

Really looking forward to Hookworms at Patterns on Saturday. A band that has always been brilliant live, armed with their best material to date.

And Ian Svenonius is in town on Sunday with his current outfit Chain and The Gang

Well surprised it took this thread so long to find Squid, I was banging on about them in 2018, at that time as much as I loved Porridge Radio, I thought Squid were the better bet at the time.

It took about 30 seconds of soundcheck to see the obvious talent. I do wish Ollie would do less vocals these days though - personal preference but I much prefer it when Louis sings.

The album is excellent though innit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well surprised it took this thread so long to find Squid, I was banging on about them in 2018, at that time as much as I loved Porridge Radio, I thought Squid were the better bet at the time.

It took about 30 seconds of soundcheck to see the obvious talent. I do wish Ollie would do less vocals these days though - personal preference but I much prefer it when Louis sings.

The album is excellent though innit.

Squid aside, it’s good to have you back!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seeing Squid 12th July. Two days before that The Lovely Eggs. Cant wait.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
For posterity, here's what a socially distanced gig looks like:

Squid3.jpg

The one below is not my own but shows you the layout Squid had:

Squid2.jpg

Obviously its not the same as a hot, sweaty room. The pit for 'Houseplants' at Horatios in May 2019 was something else. But given the circumstances, its the best I could have hoped for.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Obviously its not the same as a hot, sweaty room. The pit for 'Houseplants' at Horatios in May 2019 was something else. But given the circumstances, its the best I could have hoped for.

Not sure what would have happened if it had pissed it down. But yeh- got to be happy with what you can get for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here